56.5:"Testing the senses"

Apologies. Because of the new routine the timing for publishing is different.

*****

"Damn, I am the one blind and everyone is testing my intelligence today". He said, placing his hand on her shaking body to calm her down, "Easy, baby. It's ok".

"Why are you acting this way? Don't you see what she was doing in our house?" His mother screamed

She shouldn't have woken early. She never does anything right even when she tries.

"Begum". He said gaining her attention, "Can you take me near the man?"

She gulped with her shaking hand she holds his wrist taking him near the man.

The man holds her hand and she yelp, "Why are you acting like we are stranger?"

"Let me go. Let me go". She cried harder trying to free her hand from the man, "Ismail, I-".

"Don't". He said sighing

He steps closer ripping the man handoff twisting it around as he slammed the man on the ground.

"I wouldn't blame you since I know I am the one at fault". He snapped, "But think of touching my wife one more time and I will rip you off. Get out of my house".

She shakes when she saw the anger in his eyes. It was similar to whenever her father was about to hit her mother. She has come down to the same faith too? Why will he believe someone as useless as her, right?

He stepped towards her, and she raises her hands to prevent the hitting.

He took a sharp breath at her action and he felt the pain course through his heart.

"It wasn't my fault, I promise. I didn't do it. Please don't hit me. Please". She said crying as she bend to the ground, "I will do everything you want. Please don't hit me. Please".

"Hit her so she learns a lesson". His mother shouted and he heard her whimpering

He took a deep breath, bending towards her and she moves away from his touch.

"I believe you". He said softly

She raises her eyes towards him, "What?"

"I know you didn't do it".

"How?"

"For one I know that you are always sleeping. Two, I think I know you enough to know you will never do something as wrong as this".

"What if I did it?"

"Then I would have a really bad heartbreak".

"But then why was he here?"

He turns his head towards his mother direction, "Because someone let him in".

She turns to look at his mother, laughing, "No. That can't be right. She can't do something so bad even if we disagree".

"I wanted to believe that too". He said standing from his place, "You have disappointed me, mother. I never thought you would stoop this low after everything I did for you. You didn't even like the fact that I start to accept someone in my life that you forced in".

"No. It wasn't me--".

"Don't. Don't start. Don't even think your crying or your excuses will make it this time". He said angrily, "Don't think I will stay a coward until the end".

"What are you talking about?"

"I am leaving with my wife. I will find a place where she can live as she wishes to live and not have to continuously be ridiculed by you". He said, taking her hand, "You told her parents everything after I told you that I was going to send her off. You were happy that day because you knew what they will do to her. How can a woman put another in misery and be happy about it? No, how can a mother put someone's else child in misery and enjoy it?"