56.2:"Broken little heart"

She rolls her eyes for the millionth time, "I don't want to work".

"Why is that? He asked, curiously, "Everyone has something they want to do".

"Not me".

She turns to her book reading the same paragraph as he works beside her. She has to say in a month beside the usual bartering here and there, he was pretty good at his work. She didn't know much about it. She doesn't know if she should ask him. Will he even answer?

"What do you work on?" She asked, trying to not look at him

"Children".

"What on children?"

"I help children who are like me to get facilities".

"What else? Even if you help them you can't possibly have this much luxury".

"You think I do something illegal?"

"That would be so cool".

He stares blankly, that was his usual, "What if I don't? Will you leave?"

"Do you want me to?"

"Yes".

"Too bad. You were the first to agree to this marriage, and you are the reason I am stuck here listening to your mother rants all day so I am not leaving now".

"Well if you try to do something with your life it won't be that boring".

"Reality differs from dreams".

"You have dreams?"

"I-I never said that". She stands to move away when he holds her hand bringing her back

She looks at his face so close to her, and her heart starts to beat louder. She hadn't seen him from close mostly because she was irritated by him. He looks so handsome.

"You are staring".

"How do you know that?"

"I have high senses. I can feel when someone looks at me".

"Wait. So if we are in a room filled with people, can you differentiate between them? Can you tell-".

"Can I tell if you are looking at me among those people?"

"Can you?"

"Perhaps".

She snickers, "Your answers are as cunning as you".

"What are you trying to hide?"

Her lips purse.

"There is something you are hiding from everyone. Why are you doing that?"

"I am not hiding anything". She snapped trying to take her hand away, "Let me go".

"Why?"

"Let me go".

She heard the loud banging of the door and she felt her heart-stopping. She bend down trying to take a deep breath to calm herself. The fear starts to settle in her system and his hand on her hand was making it impossible to hide away.

"Why is behaving like a psycho?" His mother asked

He frowns when he felt her body tighten in itself. Her breathing was too fast and from her wrist, he can feel her heart was beating too loud. Before he could have done something his mother ripped his hand away from her and he tries to find her again but she was gone.

So was his mother. He understands that his mother must have dragged her out with her. And he shouldn't be worrying about her. Yeah, why should he?