51.4:"Intoxicating the hearts".

He knows too well how to push my buttons
He's tried them all already 
When he pushes them my breathing becomes shallow and my heart starts pounding in my chest
I lose touch with myself, the nature, the world. I feel lonely, weak and threatened by everything and anything
He wants me to live in the fear so I can beg him for protection,
So I can run to him every time I am scared
He is toxic, but I can't let him go

-Djenaba Fofana

_____________

There are characters from the last story (bonus chapter) if you remember them without going back, you are my people. In case you are confused, please read the bonus chapter.

_____________________
_________

"So, what happened?" He asked as he places his phone to his ear

"He shouted, accused, blamed and few more colourful things".

"And?"

"He threw us on streets. Told us that we will be nothing without him".

His heart stopped, "What? Where are you now? Why didn't you call me?"

"I am in my car".

"Where will you go? Should I-".

"I have money saved. I will just rent a hotel room for now to arrange everything".

"No. I have an apartment. Just go and stay there".

She rolls her eyes watching her mother continuously crying, "My mother is already giving me a silent treatment if I do that, she might just murder me".

"And your father won't?"

"He is not capable of that, at least. I know he is doing things, that all involved minds games. He cannot go further". She said sighing, "God, it's cold. Anyways, he must expect us to come back, begging to him and apologising so he can feel like a King".

"How can you say such things about the man who fed you?" Her mother screamed

"He fed me hate and resentment".

All I feel is anger and resentment. He thoughts

He feels those exact same emotions even though his father wasn't similar to her father. Why does she look so familiar to him?

"I can't believe you turned out this way". Her mother cried, "I spent my whole life listening to people always praising my patience and manner and because of you- everything is gone. You didn't learn a thing from all my suffering".

"Maybe I learned from your suffering". She said angrily, "Those people didn't live your life. Anyone from the outside could praise you for trash and not mean it. Why will anyone glorify such pain? Why not glorify those women who actually fight against these things? Why say a woman who suffered all her life with such men that she was/is a great woman. Why do we glorify someone's sufferings? Why not the one who left such a man? What is the sick mentality, Ammi?"

Her mother slapped her and her phone fell.

"Go on. Slap me more if that makes you happy. I told you it was my right to say no, you forced me. It's a sin on your part. I hope you know, to please a man who never respected you and people who never cared, you have added a sin on your account and broke your daughter's heart".

Her mother continued to curse her because her father said he will send the divorce papers soon. She parked the car in the hotel, booked a room and went in. She was frustrated and tired. Her shoulder were stiffened because of the tension and behaviour of her mother.