57.1:"You&I"

LET'S GO!!!!

****

They don't want you at your worse, they want you at your best.

She understands the meaning behind those words at an early age. She shouldn't have to learn them in the way that she did. But she guesses it was all for the best because it sets a path for her.

She looks at the file in front of her which shows the man who has worked hard in his life to be where he is.

Rohan Khan.

He is someone she didn't interact with. Not because she didn't want to, they just never cross paths. Now, as an architecture firm, he wants to have a contract with her. She isn't sure about it. No matter how many times she does the same designing she always feels bitter at first.

Maybe because since she was born everyone put her down. Her decision was never hers to be made and all she did was obey. Obeying is something all parents want and they even reward children for that behaviour (some) but the long-lasting effect on a child decision-making ability just crumble.

She sighs.

"It's not that hard". Her assistant said shaking her head, "Why do you always stress yourself?"

"It's just that I want it to be perfect". She said running her hand over the place that she needs to work on, and honestly, this project excites her, "Just get a meeting on-site, please".

Her assistant claps excitedly, "I knew you will do it".

"If you don't even know that much about me. I would have fired you".

"You love me too much, Sheila".

She makes a face when she heard her name. It was always a cringe feeling for her. What were her parents thinking? She was teased about her name because it was in a song. She hates it even more.

"And one last thing, my dear Sheila". Her assistant said as her tone went teasing and she raise her eyebrows, "You should look at his picture just so you don't embarrass yourself".

"Why will I embarrass myself?"

"He is good looking".

She gives a blank look, "For you, Naina. I don't care".

"Yes, Ma'am". She mock salutes, giggling her way out and she shakes her head

She reads the file with the details to familiarize herself. Her driver calls when it was 10 pm and she runs out of the office when she realizes that she spent another night in the office. It's almost her daily routine.

She enters her house hearing the light snore of her mother's. She finds her sleeping on the dining table and she sighs. She doesn't want her to do this. But she knows she will anyways. Her father taught her to let her mother do what she wants because it gives her peace.

But all she wants her to do now is live her life. She was always someone else. Someone's else daughter, sister, wife, daughter-in-law and mom. She just wants her to do what she wants for herself.

She places a blanket over her mother leaving her room. She doesn't want to eat food. She doesn't have time. She has five projects to work on. She takes a short nap after which she started to work.

She looks at the time when she finds it was close to prayer so she pauses everything and leaves all her thoughts to go to her Lord. That's the only peace she finds in this world. One thing that stays consistent. No double face and meanings.

Once she was done she decided to go for a run even when it is really hard to run along the streets without being subjected to provoking men and women glaring at her for more reasons. She made a track for herself in her house that she built just a few years back.