58.5:"Lost in dirt"

She sits in front of him, waiting for her brother to say something about her secret.

"How do you know that?" Tauheed asked, confused

She bites her lips, "T-That-"

"Was it Amir?" Tauheed roared in anger, "P-Please don't tell me that he-".

"When I turned sixteen and started my cycle a little later than most girls. He said I was old enough to be someone's wife and when I am untitled to only that there is no use in waiting".

Tauheed stumble as he sits on the couch behind him, "D-Did he-?"

She shakes her head, wiping her tears, "No. That man was old about 30. He said he wants me to take the test to prove my- t-to-"

Tauheed moves from the couch, sitting in front of her as he holds her hand.

"Amir, had you take that test?" Tauheed asks in a low menace voice and she nodded, "And they took the test which shows the results that you can't be a mother?"

She nodded, "Amir was angry. That man I was supposed to marry was going to pay him a large sum. Because I can't bear children he cancelled everything".

"I don't care about that". Tauheed said, "What did Amir do to you?"

"Is that important?" She felt her voice rising, "I just told you how much of a burden I am".

She felt frustrated. Maybe if he just hurt her in some way like she imagined she will be at ease.

Tauheed chuckle, diverting her attention to him, "We are one messed up family". She frowns, "I killed our father, does that disgust you?"

"He deserves it".

"And you believe you deserve to be treated differently from any other woman? Why? Because you can't bear someone's children? When did we ridicule women for just producing children?"

"What are you saying?" 

"I am saying that even before you told me this secret, you were my precious younger sister that I can do anything for". Tauheed grin, "And you are still my precious sister. It will never change, no matter what. I didn't care and didn't love you for benefits or to receive anything just like how you don't care for me because I provide for you. You care for me with my imperfections, and I care for you because I never had a family and I will be dammed if I let these small things change that. You are my family, you will be my family until the end".

"B-But no one will marry me. No one will want me. You have your family-"

"I will stop you there, sorry". Tauheed said, smiling, "If you wish to truly marry we will have to find a man who looks past all these things. Marriage is not an ultimatum and definitely not something that decide our worth. I will never subject you to that. You do your thing, a man comes around who can promise to give you the world and shows you that, then you decide what you want to do. I will still be here. As I said, you are my family long before I found Sarah. I will never abandon you just after I found you".

She hugs him.

She remembers when they hug for the first time and she felt the protection and care of her brother. For the first time, she felt alive in her brother's arms.

"As for Amir. I will have him pay for all the pain he caused you". Tauheed promises

He watches from Yazeed's terrace to the opposite direction to find some glimpse of her. He hasn't seen her in about a week. He didn't have any classes so he didn't go to university and also because Tauheed is always around.