One shot:"One and only".

I did it. You asked for it and I delivered as promised. 💁‍♀️

9k+ words takes time and my assignment deadlines only put a slight delay. But as long as I can publish it before I went away for a while.

Enjoy!

****

This cannot be happening.

She cannot appear in front of him again when he did everything to avoid her.

He knows for a fact that she is the most involved in their family because she is the daughter of her mother's sister.

Mahak.

He can say that name over and over again and not get tired. The last he saw her was when she turned 18 and she was just a pretty little girl to him.

Not exactly.

She used to be a pretty little girl he used to tease until he saw her after a year at her birthday party and she didn't just look like she is a little girl.

He has to say looking at her now when she is 20, he is sure that she is not even a young girl, she has blossomed into a beautiful woman.

His heartache.

She shouldn't have appeared in front of him after he just started to move away from the pain that she caused. The pain she caused was unknown to her and only his brothers (except Latif) knows about it.

He went towards his room banging the room door shut as he slides down against it holding his head. He feels his head ready to explode from all the thinking and the images of her in tonight dress keeps haunting him.

"How long before your studies end?". His mother asks her as she sits with them at their table in his brothers weddings

She smiles, "A few more years. You know being a doctor takes a while".

"I can imagine". His mother said patting her head, "How is it that you have grown into such a beautiful woman in such a small time?".

She laughs, "I am still the same, Khala (aunt)".

"Not really". His father said softly, "You have grown into an amazing child".

"Which is why can I speak to you for a moment?" Her father asked his father who nodded as they leave the table

She frowns because she has no idea as to why her father took his father away. She continued to speak to all of his family members and introducing herself to the new addition.

"We should leave now". Her father said holding her hand as they stand to say their goodbyes

"Come visit us some time". His mother said as tears brimmed her eyes

"We will". She said softly as she knows how hard it is for his mother

The next day, he walks out of his room to the dining table where everyone was enjoying themselves with their wives and he is the only one who is left alone.

He sighs.

"Can I speak to all of you after breakfast?" His father asked looking at all of his sons

They nodded.

Once the breakfast was done he walks with his brothers to his father office feeling giddiness which worsens his anxiety.

This is not going to be good.

"I will get straight to the point since I am very busy". His father said