56.3:"The broken promises".

There is something wrong.

His mother can't be this happy for no reason. Since Roha left the house his mother is over the top. He decided to send her back and discussed it with his mother because he thought her family can comfort her in better ways. She has lived with them for years, and she should be comfortable at her place.

Right?

But, he didn't feel good when he felt the stiffness in her body when she was getting ready. She didn't even speak a word. She didn't even eat breakfast and by the way, she was bouncing nervously, it didn't feel right.

What is it this time?

He walks to his study as he locates his phone and dials her number a couple of times. The more she didn't answer the worse the fear grows inside him. Maybe he is overreacting? It can't be that bad. She has lived and was brought in that household, she can handle herself just fine.

He tries to hide his nerves when he heard his driver say that they have to leave so they can be on time. He tries to hide that he has asked to google a million times about what time it was. Because all he was waiting for was 8 PM. Why did he tell her that he will come that late? He should have said 5 or something.

He heard someone calling his name as he was about to sit in the car. He just wants to leave. Why is everyone annoying him?

"Ismail?" He heard her voice and his head snapped towards his ex-lover

"Safa?" He asked, confused, "Why are you here?"

Safa let out a laugh, "Is that the first question you want to ask?"

"I need to leave". He said hurriedly as he enters his car asking the driver to drive

She looks at the time and it is already 8:30 PM. She doesn't want to be nosy and call him to ask where he is and they don't even share any relationship, to begin with. What if he gets annoyed? She is not his responsibility.

"Did they send you here forever? Why do you have to be such a shame to us? Her mother cried just like how she has been for past hours, "Do you not understand that your parents are old? Can't you have mercy on us?"

"I didn't do anything".

Her mother grabs her hair, "Do you hear yourself? You sleep all day. You made a son argue with his mother. You don't do any household chores and you insulted your mother-in-law guests. Do I need to say more? I bet you don't even satisfy your husband".

She felt her breathing hitched. She can't be here anymore. She needs to leave. She pulls away from her mother after much difficulty as she runs out of the house. She wraps her hijab properly around her as she skips steps only to land on hard ground and her skin peeling off.

Ignoring the people and her pain she rushes to the taxi she sits in it. She manages to choke out the address to his house and she just hopes the world ends today so she doesn't have to face another day.

He anxiously taps his feet as he waits outside of her door. He rings the bell placing a smile on his face as he heard the door open.

"What are you doing here?" Her father asked rigidly and this isn't the first time he has been hostile to him

"I am here to take your daughter back home". He replied nonchalantly

"She left almost an hour ago". Her father spoke closing the door on his face when he heard the door opening again, "If you can't handle her then throw her in some ditch. Don't send her here".

He dials her number which says it's been switched off. He felt his heart hammering in his chest at the thought of potential danger she could have faced out there alone. Why did they let her leave?