58.2:"Lost in pain"

Aima wonders as she watches her sister-in-law (Sarah) speaking continuously for the past hour. And the only thing Aima do is listen. Really. That's all she can actually do.

Because for years her voice was suppressed and those years left a mark on her. Her heart shakes with fear words and she overthink everything.

It wasn't the fact that her brother (Tauheed) doesn't love her. He loves her. She knows. In his every action, the way he wakes early to cook for her what she loves and other nights he sneaks snacks or asks her to tell him where she wants to go and all she has to do is say a word and he does it.

But her mother and Amir (Tauheed's twin) place a neverending fear in her. Tauheed eyes are similar to Amir's. She never looks into his eyes. No, she rarely looks at any man's eyes.

Why did she look at that man (Zubair) eyes? The one she encounters in saving Afifa. She turns to look at Afifa who looks as lost as her. She can't say she relates but she understands.

She didn't know much and how she just know something happen to Afifa. That day she was supposed to come she heard her secretary say that they can't get a hold of her. It sparks fear. She had been with Afifa for a long to know she is a responsible person. Even when she is lost she never let go of her responsibilities.

She felt fear when she found where she was after running to Yazeed's door. She should have gone for her brother but she feels as if she has burdened him enough. He tries to also be the best man for her and it can get tiring. She didn't want to put more pressure on him.

After she ran out that was when she felt the panic too. Too many damn men around her. All of them are known for the wrong reasons. Just as she was starting to panic is when her eyes met that man. That man eyes were blank and he didn't even say a word but she was lost. Gone from the earth to someplace else.

His eyes- those eyes speaks volumes. They were a light shade of green. When he stood looking at her a little light coming from the side sparkled his eyes further. There weren't emotions but there was something.

He looks agitated. She doesn't know why. Maybe he was a bad man too why else will he be there? But he didn't look like a bad person. What was he exactly? And why was he on her mind?

"How are your studies going?" Sarah asked, placing a hand over her hand in a knowing manner

She smiles, a strained smile, "It's good. I get to learn things. I have a few assignments to do".

"Do you want anything else?" Sarah asked and she knows that she meant well just that she (Aima) can't speak

She shakes her head, deciding to leave just as Afifa walks to the terrace. She can't breathe around people. Even female. Male is much worse.

She sits on the bed, trying to shut down her demon. People after people took her heart from her chest. The most frequently one was something only she knows about. She shouldn't have placed her heart on her shelves.

She heard a knock on her door as her brother's face appear taking her back to her dark memories as she remind herself that she is here not there.

"Ji, Bhai?" She asked, softly playing with the sheets of her bed that her brother has fussed over more than his wife to get her (yes, brother?)

"I have some work tonight". Tauheed said obviously not wanting to go into details, "Is there something you want or something I can get on the way back?"

She gulped, "I want you back, Bhai". Tauheed raises his eyebrows as he can't understand that the only family she had since birth was now all gone, and she felt alone, "In one piece. I want you back in one piece, please".