Series of skids

Author's POV:

" How are you now?" Adi asked Nithya who is still sleeping on the bed.

" Stop it Adi. You have been asking me this from the past 4 days. I'm good and it's not paining. And why would it pain when you didn't even let me set my foot down?" She spoke irritatedly in her groggy voice.

" I care for you Sweetheart." Adi whispered kissing her temple tenderly.

" I know." She breathed slipping into light sleep.

Adi pulled her closer and covered themselves with the duvet while Nithya hugged him to sleep.

The sky is still black with the stars twinkling. The warm weather outside set the whole atmosphere with serinity.

Adi felt the stable breaths and was sad that she will be again into her routine with the sleepless nights from tomorrow.

He hardly got these leaves and he must report tomorrow in the P.S. He didn't even let Nithya know that they are leaving once she wake up.

After a small nap, either of them woke up with a smile on their faces.

" Good morning." Nithya whispered grunting a little.

Adi just kissed her forehead and hugged her. That's his way of saying good morning.

" Get up." She whined pulling him up. He is enjoying everything that she is doing. He just wanna see what she wanna do.

He got up and followed her to the washroom. She put the toothpaste on either of their tooth brushes and hugged him.

There was a sudden change in the atmosphere. Not a pleasant one though.

" What happened?" He asked taking the brush away from her hand.

" I don't know why but I feel sad." She mumbled against his skin.

Adi know that her sixth sense already sensed their departure. He sighed and hugged her back caressing her hair.

" Let's not go from here Adi." Nithya pleaded with wet eyes.

" We are leaving today." He spoke calmly sitting her on the marble island.

" Please no." She pleaded diminishing her eyes.

" Someone wanna leave this place when I got her here." He countered.

" That's before we made memories here Adi." She looked almost on the verge of crying.

" Exactly Sweetheart. We go to places to make memories, either good or bad. We can't just settle there. That serves no purpose." Adi spoke gently caressing her lips looking directly into her eyes.

He pressed her jaws a little and started brushing her teeth. Her heart is filled with mixed feelings.

She rinsed her mouth and put her head on Adi's shoulder. He is brushing his teeth with one hand while the another one is continuously caressing Nithya's hair.

" You wanna bath first or shall I?" Adi asked placing her rogues behind her ear. Nithya's eyes are looking down at her hands.

" I'll go." She mumbled while Adi hugged her and pressed a small kiss on her ear shell.

" That's like my little sweet." He said and turned the tap of the bath tub.

" Go ahead. I'll get your clothes." He said and left the bathroom.

Adi waited outside until she is done with her bath. It's been more than 15 minutes and Nithya is not yet calling him.

" Sweety! Are you done?" Adi yelled and that's when she realised that she need to rinse herself. Adi heard the squashing of the water and chuckled.