The Cozy Night

Author's POV:

" So everything ready?" Adi asked who is checking the food. Karthik and Diya gave a surprise to Adi and Nithya as it's a weekend. Adi picked Advi from her office and forcefully brought her here.

" Everything is ready but only Awan is missing." Diya said munching the chips going through the old Classic movies.

" I called him. He said he is busy." Karthik said rolling his eyes.

" Don't worry guys. I have this nuclear weapon in my hand which drags him here irrespective of his situation." Adi smirked and Nithya frowned listening to him. She atleast got to know that he is up to something which will trouble Awan.

Adi went outside and asked Karthik to call Awan.

" Hello Karthik!" Awan spoke calmly.

" Can you come to Adi's house? Advi.... Advi....." Karthik said and the call was cut abruptly.

Awan panicked listening his wife's name and that too in Adi's house.

He rushed to the Vohra Mansion to see five of them watching an old classic Bengali movie APARAJITO.

" What happened to you Doll?" Awan asked checking his wife thoroughly. Advi is looking at him with blank face while Adi and Karthik are trying to control their laughs.

" Nothing happened. Then why did he call me?" Awan asked turning towards Karthik who gave don't come to me look.

Awan ran behind him while Adi bursted into fits. His wife looked at him angrily and was about to get up but Adi held her back and looked at her lovingly. Nithya removed his hand form her wrist and said which made his lips flat.

" He loves his wife Adithya. Stop playing pranks with his weakness. If you do that, someday you will be in his position and your life too will become a prank." Nithya whispered angrily while the saline blurred her eyes.

She walked away from him to their room and Adi followed behind her. He shut the door which made a loud sound.

Adi pinned Nithya to the nearest wall and gritted his teeth.

" Nothing will happen to you Sweetheart." Adi said with the fire blazing in his eyes.

" Is it hurting dear husband?" Nithya asked angrily. Adi's silence gave away everything. It did hurt him. He don't wanna lose his love.

" It must hurt. Right? He have been through hell from the past 3 years because of her condition and you just pushed him a little more." Nithya said not satisfied with his work.

" I'm sorry. I won't do anything like that again." Adi apologized and Nithya sighed nodding her head accepting his apology.

They both walked down to see Advi on the kitchen island and Awan scooping some honeymoon delight ice cream into the 6 bowls.

" Awan, minus one." Nithya yelled from the living room.

" Why? Don't you like this flavour?" Awan asked raising the tub.

" No it's not like that. I have a mild fever. So, it's not good to eat it now. And I have a surgery to perform in the next 2½ hours as well. Thank you for your efforts." Nithya smiled.

Adi walked to his wife and pressed his palm against her neck and forehead concluding that she have fever but can be controlled by taking medicine.

" Cancel the surgery." Adi ordered walking to the kitchen to get a bowl of water along with a hand towel.

" It's not some meeting that you can cancel or postpone Adi. It's a surgery." Awan exclaimed.

" I get it but she has fever Awan." Adi said dipping the towel in the bowl and squeezing it.