The Murder Mishap

Author's POV:

" This ring is as beautiful as your current life Nithya." Priyanka laughed looking at Nithya's engagement ring which is in her palm.

" I'll destroy your life with the same ring you adore." Priyanka smiled stroking the diamonds embedded ring.

" Just contact the doctors of that hospital. That bitch have done enough in my life. Now it's my turn." Priyanka gritted making her loyal man nod.

" Where is Dr. Mehra?" Dr. Ahmed asked hurriedly.

" She is in the OT doctor. It takes an hour more for her to come out." The nurse who always helps in changing Nithya's scrubs spoke frowning.

" Just ask her to meet me as soon as she come out. Say her that it's urgent." Dr. Ahmed spoke wiping the sweat on his forehead.

Nithya completed the surgery and entered the details in the log book passing it to her juniors as well.

" Dr. Mehra?" The nurse called her.

" Yes sister?" Nithya responded discarding the gloves and her scrubs.

" Dr. Ahmed asked you to meet him immediately. He said it's urgent and he looked quite tensed as well." The nurse said tensed. Nithya frowned but nodded.

" Dr. Ahmed? Did you call me?" Nithya asked entering into his cabin. She frowned seeing the police over there with some papers in their hand.

" Please come and sit here Dr. Mehra." Dr. Ahmed spoke nervously looking at the police.

" They are here for you." Dr. Ahmed spoke.

" So, we'll come to the point directly Dr. Mehra." One of the cops said and Nithya nodded.

" Is this your ring?" The cop asked showing her, her engagement ring. Nithya's eyes went wide and at the same time she is happy too that someone have found that ring.

" Yes. It's mine. I've been looking for this since long sir. It's my engagement ring." Nithya said taking the ring from his hand with a happy grin. Dr. Ahmed closed his eyes in dismay as he know what's gonna come next.

" You are under arrest Dr. Mehra for the cause of a death." The cop spoke and Nithya's smile faltered listening to him.

He took the ring from her hand and Nithya moved back not understanding what's going on around her.

" No. How could I kill a person?" Nithya yelled shaking her head violently.

" You have performed a surgery a week back. Isn't it?" The cop asked and Nithya nodded.

" This ring was found in his thorax cavity. The diamonds of your ring got ruptured to his thorax resulting in the internal bleeding and the cause of his death." The police said making Nithya gasp.

" No sir. I lost this ring. When I was about to take my jewellery, everything was present except the ring. I even asked the head nurse if she have seen my ring." Nithya said hurriedly trying to prove her point.

" Whatever Dr. Mehra. The evidences are against you and the family of the victim have lodged a complaint against you. And we are supposed to take an action. " The cop said sternly cuffing her hands.

" Dr. Ahmed please belive me. I don't do anything. You know how much of a careful person am I. Please trust me." Nithya cried when she was being dragged by a lady constable.

" I belive you my child. I've been seeing you from the past 8 years." Dr. Ahmed said caressing her hair. Nothing is in his hands. Nithya herself have to prove it that she is innocent.