The Missing Report

Author's POV:

" Hi!" Adi grinned at Advi who is sitting with a sulking face. She looked at him and turned her face to the other side.

" Advi, I wanna talk to you!" Adi said. She snapped her face towards him noticing the pain in his voice.

" Out!" She said and both Karthik, Awan went out of the room.

Adi heaved a sigh and sat infront of her in the Indian style.

"I proposed Nithya yesterday." Adi mumbled.

" Speak out loud. I can't hear you." Advi ordered. He was taken back by her sudden behaviour.

" I..... I proposed Nithya yesterday." He said gulping.

" Obviously she must have rejected you." She said in a matter of fact.

" Yes. She did." Adi said feeling dejected by her sudden coldness.
Adi got up to move but Advi's next words stopped him in his tracks."Did I say that it doesn't matter to me Adi?"

Advi patted the space adjacent to her and Adi sat there. He felt hollow inside. An unknown irritation piled in his system. He laid in Advi's lap and the thread of tears started flowing soaking Advi's shorts.

" Adi?" Advi frowned feeling wet.

" I really loved her Advi. Why is she doing this to me? She stabbed me repeatedly with her words that day." He sobbed in her lap.

" Am I really unworthy of her love? Please say me!" He cried looking at her. Advi have never felt this feeling towards someone. A sense to comfort him made her hands thread his hair stroking them softly.

" Adi, love is not about give and take. One shouldn't expect when they are in love. See Awan for once, I can see his feelings for me in his eyes but I'm not yet ready to reciprocate them to him. He is waiting. " Advi said trying to make him understand.

Those words really angered Adi. He raised his head up from her lap and looked at her angrily.

" Do you think that Advi? He is waiting because you are HIS. You both are tied in an eternal bond called marriage. He is no more scared that he'll lose you to someone else. He is confident that he can make you fall for him because he has life time in his hands. BUT. I. DON'T. HAVE. THAT ." Adi said gritting his teeth. He clearly kept his fear infront of Advi. She is taken back by his intense words that she is really scared for Nithya. On the other hand he is correct too. Nithya loves no one. Then what's the point of breaking someone's heart?

" If she is meant to be yours, then she'll defiantly be yours Adi. I'll make sure of that!" Advi said in a promising voice.

Adi smirked like do you really mean that Advi? Advi sighed dejectedly. She doesn't know how to make him understand. Adi just waved that matter off and laughed painfully.

"Awan! We both are leaving. I informed Advi too." Adi said rudely and left from there. Karthik gave a nod to Awan and tailed behind him.

On the other hand, Nithya is passing through the corridor when a hand stopped her in her tracks. She looked up with her red eyes which are still angry with Adi's sudden proposal.

" Yes?" She said to one of her classmates.

" Dr.Mehra, I've seen you when you are in your 1st year and ......" His words came to halt when Nithya suddenly took the scalpel knife from the surgical cart when a nurse is passing with it. She kept it against his neck just few millimetres apart from his skin.

" I'm tired. Tired of listening all this shit. Dare anyone try to come near me. I'll kill them with this scalpel knife." She yelled on the top of her lungs pointing towards all the boys surrounding them along with the boy who tried to propose her. He looked shit scared seeing Nithya who is looking like a person high on drugs. Seeing the ever so cool girl in the intense ire, whole college looked scared.