The Blood Shred

Author's POV: (not edited)

" Adi! Where did you go from the past few days idiot? I never got to see your face in the past 5 days." Nithya yelled over her mobile in frustation. He went to solve a case and he informed no one in the home let alone coming home.

" Sweety, I'm really sorry. I was struck here. I promise I'll be infront of you by tomorrow morning even before you wake up." Adi pleaded. Infact even he missed her.

" Ok. Come back soon. I can't sleep." Nithya mumbled and cut the call immediately. As soon as Adi realised what she said, a slow grin formed on his lips.

At this pace, she is soon gonna fall for me completely. He thought.

She looked at the mobile and smiled. She slided it in her pockets and went on rounds.

Adi who is packing his bags smiled at her indirect craving.

The evening, Nithya returned to the Vohra Mansion and slipped into the covers without Adi itself. She went into the deep sleep in just few minutes.

" Wake up!" Adi whispered in Nithya's ears.

" Please go away. I need to sleep." She groaned in her sleep.

" Don't you wanna cuddle me sweetheart? " Adi asked tracing his nose on her cheek peppering light kisses.

Nithya cried in irritation and slowing fluttered her eyes. Seeing Adi infront of her made her whole sleep vanish.

She pounced on him and hugged the life out of him.

" You came back?" She screamed with shear happiness lacing her voice.

" I am. For you." Adi laughed securing her in his embrace. He missed her smell, and her taunts.

" You said, you'll come by morning." She asked. She kept on bouncing in his embrace in excitement.

" Some little birdie missed her husband while sleeping. So I flew like a jet and came back." Adi said it like a story adding few dramatic effects.

" I missed you." She pulled him more and hugged his neck. Adi genuinely felt sorry for leaving her these many days.

" Are you still angry on me?" She asked moving away.

" What? No." Adi shrieked. Her eyes are heavy with tears and he quickly wiped them.

" Then why did you leave me?" She asked slowly sniffing.

" A small case and need my attention there. I'm not angry on you sweetheart. Stop assuming. Come on. Now smile. Your parents have called us tomorrow. Get some beauty sleep. I'll go and fresh myself and join you in the bed." Adi spoke softly and Nithya nodded in yes.

She didn't even close her eyes until he came back. He took a warm shower and wore his shorts.

" Not slept yet?" He glared at her to which she giggled covering her face with the duvet. Adi smiled and jumped on the bed.

" Why don't you wear a shirt?" She asked circling his scars. He left saying her again and again about those scars. He don't know why she adores them so much. If someone else is in her place, they would cringe seeing them.

" I feel comfortable this way. You wanna be like me or what?" Adi whispered pulling her closer into his chest. Nithya frowned at his comment and hit his biceps. He is becoming more and more shameless.

" I'm comfortable this way." Nithya said irritatedly and closed her eyes taking his warmth.

Adi hid his head in her neck and closed his eyes enjoying the much waited pleasure he needed. Her scent.