Please.... Just One Kiss

Author's POV:

"Good Morning My Baby Sweet!" Adi wished his wife with a smile and tried to kiss her lips.

Nithya turned her head away and pressed her lips inside as if saying that he have no access to her lips. Adi made a cute pout buttoning his uniform.

" What angered my Sweetheart today? She know that my day won't go well without her kiss." Adi asked slowly bending towards her.

" I got hurt in one thing and I would like to take your test. Go to PS and return as usual. I'll reveal your results further." Nithya glared at him and turned her face again.

" No problem. Adithya Vohra here. Can pass any test just like this." Adi boosted himself snapping his fingers.

Nithya smirked at him and spoke "Is it Mr. Vohra? Will see once you return from the station. Trust me you'll lose and you'll get the deadliest punishment."

Adi looked at her confused. The confidence which was there till now have jumped out of the window just by thinking about the punishment.

He had his breakfast and went to the station while Nithya is being taken care by Anuradha and Rahul personally.

" Hey man! Nithya asked me to say that she really loved the brownies Anvi brought." Adi chirped sitting on his chair.

" Glad that she liked them." Shantanu said seriously looking into the file.

" Anything serious? You look so thoughtful!" Adi frowned.

" Yep. Another rape case." Shantanu sighed dejected.

" Need help?" Adi asked in a small voice.

" No. Nothing that I can't handle." Shantanu sighed and slumped in the chair opposite to Adi's.

" Then why do you look so gloomy?" Adi asked.

" She is a girl and I have a daughter too. What would her parents be going through? So much pain. Society is like a mud on their clothes. Always remembering her that she was raped." Shantanu chuckled sadly closing the file.

An uncomfortable feeling settled in Adi's heart listening to what Shantanu spoke.

" Is she alive?" Adi asked slowly.

Shantanu nodded in yes and took a deep breath.

" But her parents have committed suicide." Shantanu uttered and Adi closed his eyes in dismay.

" Does she know that?" Adi asked and Shantanu nodded in no.

" She is still in hospital. Still recovering. Her relatives rejected her from giving her the shelter. No one came to visit her." Shantanu said and there was a change in his breathing. He is looking as if he is going through that agony.

" What's her age?" Adi asked placing his hand on Shantanu's.

" 23." Shantanu mumbled.

" Come. Let's go and meet her relatives. She needs their support." Adi urged Shantanu. Even though he looked reluctant, Shantanu stood up.

All that's going in his mind was what if something like this happens to his little Anvi?

" Nothing will happen to Anvi. She will be mine and Nithya's responsibility if you people are not around or somewhere far." Adi glared at him and there formed a small smile on Shantanu's lips. He took Adi into a bone crushing hug mumbling thank-yous.

" She is just like my daughter." Adi said scornfully. Shantanu smiled proudly for having a friend like Adi.

By the time they reached the hospital, there was a guy standing there yelling at the nurse.