The Desired Punishment

Author's POV:

" Nithya?" Rahul called her

" Yes uncle?" She mumbled stopping near him. She is still embarrassed for what she have done yesterday.

" Do you have any surgeries today?" He asked and she nodded in no.

" Any appointments?" He again asked in a strict tone.

" No uncle!" She again mumbled.

" Are you going to the hospital today?" Looking at his posture, she looked scared. Nithya again nodded in no.

" I need to have a word with you. Spare some time for me." He said inviting to his room.

Nithya slowly walked into the room to see Anuradha sitting on the couch doing some painting in the sketch book.

Once Nithya walked in, he closed the door asking her to take place adjacent to her MIL.

" I'm sorry about yesterday aunty." Nithya whispered.

" I'm angry at Adi that doesn't mean I'll forgive you for manhandling my son Nithya." Anuradha said coldly and Nithya nodded with her head down. It's the most embarrassing and humiliating situation for her. And she is ashamed of herself.

She herself don't know why she hurted Adi by raising her hand. He never raised his hand on her.

" You went over board the other night." Rahul stated.

" I agree and I apologise uncle." Nithya sniffed and Anuradha got alerted but still maintained her cold demour. She don't want Nithya to take her for granted.

" I agree that you care for him, but you hurted him too. " Anuradha's chilled voice made Nithya flinch at her place. She started sweating and the air around her started suffocating her.

" Don't you think you owe an apology to Adi?" Rahul asked calmly and Nithya nodded.

" I'll seek for his forgiveness today. I'm really ashamed of my actions." Nithya said in a cracked voice.

" Why do you hate Adi? " Rahul asked shocking both Anuradha and Nithya.

" No. She doesn't. They were friends Rahul." Anuradha said and Rahul stopped her showing his hand still looking at Nithya.

" Hate is a very big word uncle. I don't hate him. I'm just so.... So..... So angry with his deed." She cried but no one stopped or consoled her.

" Shall I say why you are so so so angry with him?" Rahul smiled and Nithya looked at him trembling.

" Because he was the one who kidnapped you." Rahul said and the ground under both Nithya and Anuradha slipped.

" No. My son won't do that." She mumbled but Rahul shook his head.