Sixty

Jungkook is in the garden

Jungkook is in the garden. He had a little free time this evening and he decided to spend it with Bam. The little creature, who is not so little is jumping around, wagging his tail excitedly. Its been a while since he got his dad's attention all to himself.

Jungkook has a thick rope in his hand. He has decided to play 'tug of war' with Bam. "Come on, Bam. Let's get it!" He exclaims and puts the rope in front of Bam, holding both the ends of it. Bam holds the rope in his mouth from the middle and pulls at it.

Jungkook pulls the rope towards himself more, "Come on, pup. Use more strength. Defeat your appa!" He encourages Bam who applies more strength and pulls te rope.

"Very good. I'm so proud of you." Jungkook laughs as he sees Bam giving his best. At this moment, he feels relaxed. He is not worried about work, not worried about mending things with Taehyung, not worried about taking over the Yakuza. He can think about all that later. Right now, its just him and his son. He has a good time with the pup, unaware of a pair of eyes watching him through his balcony.

Taehyung stares at the duo who seem to be having a lot of fun. Unknowingly, a smile spreads across his face. He has not seen Jungkook so free recently. He did that day when he played with him and Bam but not after that.

Its already been four days since their argument and they haven't spoken to each other since then. They don't even look at each other. If they do, Taehyung is the first one to break the eye contact. It breaks Jungkook's heart but he does not say anything. He has figured out that Taehyung likes it better without him being around him. He has noticed how he smiles when he talks to Seokjin or plays with Bam but he has also noticed how that smile evaporates when Jungkook appears.

When Taehyung had stopped him from confessing his feelings to him five years ago, he felt bad. He really wanted to let Taehyung know that he loves him but he thought that it would be better if he waited for a couple of years.

He waited for Taehyung to establish himself as a renowned artist, like how he wanted. He has always kept his tabs on Taehyung, bought a couple of his paintings even if he himself never went to one of his exhibitions until the brunette decided to do one in Seoul.

He craved for Taehyung. Yes, he had prioritised becoming the boss of Orion first but that was only because no one questions the boss. Even if they don't like the decision, they just can't question the boss. They can only advice him but it's really up to him if he wants to take the advice or not.

So after becoming the boss, he tried to eliminate all the possible threats so that he could court Taehyung without worrying much about his enemies. But he wasn't aware that Taehyung was the brother of the person he hates the most.

He still did not let that affect his feelings for Taehyung because he knew that whatever Mingyu did was not related to his brother. Taehyung was not at fault. That thought alone made him be in love with him just the same--- or maybe more.