Seventeen

Jungkook opens the door and sees Jimin standing there with a raised eyebrow

Jungkook opens the door and sees Jimin standing there with a raised eyebrow. "What were you even doing? We were supposed to go for breakfast ten minutes ago." The blonde boy glares at his friend.

Jungkook sighs, "I'm sorry. I overslept." He lies. He doesn't want Jimin to know what's happening between him and Taehyung behind the closed doors of their room. If his gang (it's mafia but every mafia says they are a gang when in reality, they are so much more than a mere gang) finds out that Jeon Jungkook likes someone, they are going to tell him to stay away from Taehyung because of safety reasons and also because they would think that their future boss has a weakness. That's the last thing Jungkook wants right now.

"Alright, alright. So if we don't want to miss the class, we'll have to miss the breakfast." Jimin says in an annoyed tone because he is very hungry.

"Or we can just skip the classes for breakfast." Jungkook suggests. Jimin just rolls his eyes and says, "We have already missed two whole days so unless you want to flunk, you will attend the classes."

"I hate this shit."

"But you're good at it.

"Well... what do I say about that." Jungkook laughs, rubbing the back of his neck. Moments like these feel so good, so normal, as if he isn't a part of the mafia. Jungkook loves his gang a lot. Each person working for them is like a family to him but he sometimes wonder how his life would've been if he wasn't so much into criminal activities. Could he easily court Taehyung? Maybe.

"Excuse me, guys. I'm late." Taehyung's voice is heard as Jungkook is pushed away from the door by the blue haired boy so that he can exit the room. Jimin looks at Taehyung who has a bag sling across his shoulder, ready to go to his class.

"Good morning, Taehyung." Jimin smiles at his best friend's roommate, hoping not to scare the poor boy away because Taehyung does look very scared at the moment.

"G-Good morning!" Taehyung greets him back. He is still unsure how to act around the blonde boy but he remembers very well how Jungkook reacted when he told him about Jimin. He does not want to risk getting on the ravenette's bad side because he is his only friend so he decides to act normal even though its really difficult for him.

"So are we having breakfast or not?" Jungkook asks. He is really hungry. "Jeez, okay. But we're not missing any more classes other than the first period, okay?" Jimin says. Jungkook nods. "Wanna join, Taehyung?" Jimin asks. Now even though Jimin and Jungkook have a cover for their identities as they try to blend with the crowd of the university, they aren't very social. Popular? Yes. Social? No. Not that much. They mind their own business and just interact as much as its needed.

But something about Taehyung makes him the exception in the eyes of Jimin and Jungkook. We know Jungkook's reason but why Jimin? Well, the blonde doesn't have any deep reasons. He has been observing Taehyung since the time they joined the university. He is popular in his own way. Yes, popular for getting bullied. Something about Taehyung being so defenseless makes Jimin sad. Maybe it's the fact that he was bullied back in high school because he kept the personality as a nerd for his cover. Bullies made his life a living hell and if it wasn't for Jungkook, he could not protect himself because he couldn't risk getting his identity being revealed what so ever.

Taehyung seems harmless. Well at least until he does not open his mouth about what he saw Jimin doing. Jimin can be a very dangerous guy but he also has a soft heart unlike his other gang members. Seokjin is an exception but he doesn't do any field work. Killing and torturing isn't a part of his job and Jungkook? He is very ruthless. The only exception is Taehyung but no one knows about that, not even his closest friends.

"I'm gonna attend my classes. Thanks for asking though." Taehyung says and forces a smile. He waves at Jungkook and walks away. The two friends keep staring at his retreating back until he is not in sight anymore.

Then Jimin turns to Jungkook and says, "So he'd rather attend a fucking class instead of enjoying some good food?"

"I think he is just scared of you and classes are just a good excuse for him to bail out on us." Jungkook shrugs as the two of them start walking towards the exit of the university. They are hungry and breakfast it is for them.

"Damn, I'm not that scary now am I?" The blonde boy laughs.

"You definitely are, Park Jimin." Jungkook says and the two boys burst into laughter.

~•~•~•~•~

"I'm not letting you get drunk this early in the evening, Kook." Seokjin says, taking away the vodka shot from Jungkook.

"Trust me, a shot or two won't make me drunk, hyung." Jungkook says as he takes the glass and gulps down the bitter tasting liquid. The older of the two sighs and asks Jungkook what brings him here to this club so early in the evening.

"I want to know something, hyung. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I need to know." The ravenette says. The older male nods his head. Jungkook takes out his phone from his pocket and opens his gallery. There's a picture of his blue haired roommate that he clicked while he was sleeping.

Jungkook pushes the phone towards Seokjin and says, "I want to know if you know this guy. I saw him here yesterday and I want to know why he was here in my club." Jungkook has been very curious since the time he had seen Taehyung in his club yesterday specially during his working hours. It could either mean two things.

One, that Taehyung didn't go to work yesterday.

Two, he works here.

Oh how badly Jungkook wants the second possibility to be wrong. He knows that this club is danger for a sweet guy like Taehyung. But he does not want to assume anything that's why he decided to talk to Seokjin about it since the older is the one who handles all their clubs.

"Who is he?" Seokjin asks, studying the picture.

"Uh... Just someone." Jungkook says. Seokjin raises an eyebrow. He knows something is weird about this situation because in any normal scenario, Jungkook would've asked Namjoon and Yoongi to look into the matter. They are pro hackers. They are experts when it comes to finding out about someone but Jungkook going to Seokjin instead can mean only one thing. That he doesn't want the rest of their gang to know about this just yet.

"Am I not supposed to speak about it to anyone?" Seokjin asks. Jungkook shakes his head, "Please, hyung. Only for a little while."

"Okay." Seokjin simply says. Jungkook only hopes that Taehyung was here yesterday because he didn't go to work yesterday, not because he works here or something. But what makes Jungkook even more confused and paranoid is the several marks he has seen on Taehyung's body at times. Maybe someone is still picking on him in the university. But who? Jungkook wants to know. He is just intrigued by Taehyung. He knows how weak and defenseless his roommate is and he wants to protect him and in order to do that, he needs to know everything about him.

"So what's his name, Kook?" Seokjin asks.

"Kim Taehyung."

~•~•~•~•~

Hi my lovelies! So what information do you think Jin will gather about Tae? Any assumptions?

Anyways...

Please support this book by-

Voting, commenting and sharing.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Borahae💜

hershey_y