Thirty Five

A few hours later, Taehyung enters his room

A few hours later, Taehyung enters his room. He is so tired that he feels like he might pass out from exhaustion the moment he sits on his bed.

To say he had a good night was far from the reality. He's not saying that Hoseok's company is not fun. It is. The guy is literally the definition of fun and optimism. But the things that Jin told Taehyung had all his attention. He could not think of anything but that. Why was the Yakuza after him? What do they want from him now? He thought everything was over and over the years, he really thought he would not meet them again. But they are here, for him and he does not know how to feel about this whole situation.

He is still so engrossed in his thoughts that he does not notice the other side of the room being empty until he sits on his bed and faces Jungkook's side of the room.

His eyebrows furrow in confusion first before raising. Where are Jungkook's belongings?

He quickly gets up from the bed and walks towards the cherry haired boy's wardrobe. His mouth is left open when  he sees that it's empty. Where did he go? Taehyung wonders and his heart sinks a little. He is not used to this. Even when there were times that Jungkook didn't spend enough time in this room, he was still assured that he is not alone. That Jungkook would come back.

But now the empty room makes him panic. He dashes towards his bed to grab his phone and call the cherry haired male but when he tries calling him, it goes straight to the voicemail.

Did he take my suggestion of not being friends anymore this seriously that he won't even answer my phone now? Taehyung rolls his eyes and throws his phone on the bed. He is so annoyed. He thought after the art gallery show, he would actually be happy but so much crap happened and he does not know how to deal with it.

He decides to go to the bathroom and get changed. A good night's sleep is what he needs but when he stands up to go to the washroom, his eyes land on Jungkook's table. There is a paper kept on it, pressed with a round paper weight.

Taehyung moves towards it with furrowed eyebrows and removes the paper weight to hold the paper in his hand. There's something written on it in Jungkook's handwriting. He hurriedly starts reading it.

Hey Taehyung!

If you're reading this, that means I'm already gone. Oh God, it sounds so clichéd and dramatic. Well, I'm gone but I'm not dead yet, you know, so don't worry :)

Taehyung rolls his eyes at the bad joke Jungkook just made in the piece of paper but his heart feels heavy. He has this gut feeling that this letter would make him sadder than he already is.

But, I think since we're friends no more, I should move out of the room. I don't want to deal with the awkwardness. It would spoil all the good memories we have together and I honestly don't want that.