Eighteen

Jungkook waits for his roommate in their room as he makes sure all the books they need for their assignment are ready

Jungkook waits for his roommate in their room as he makes sure all the books they need for their assignment are ready. He also got some snacks for them before coming to the room just in case Taehyung feels hungry. But his blue haired roommate is not here yet. He was supposed to be here an hour ago.

He decides that he should call Taehyung and ask him about his whereabouts but just then the door of their room swings open and in walks Jungkook's roommate with a tired expression on his face.

"Hey, Kookie." Taehyung says as he drops his bag on his bed and sits down. He brings his hands to his neck and massages it a little.

"Hey, Tae. You're late again?" Jungkook asks, attentively watching the other's every action. He takes a look at Taehyung's tired face, looking for any kind of bruises. He looks at his hands and neck too. He cannot see anything. The ravenette sighs in relief since Taehyung seems okay.

"The person who was supposed to take after my shift was an hour late." Taehyung says. He then sits up straight and looks at Jungkook's bed. There are books, both their laptops and notebooks already arranged. He gets up from his bed and walks to the ravenette's, deciding to just start working on the project and take a shower later when he is done.

"Oh, I thought you bailed on me."

"I didn't. I just wanted to earn some extra money. Is it so bad?" Taehyung asks as he turns on his own laptop.

"Not at all."

"So which is the other book we're working on?" Taehyung asks curiously looking around for some other novel apart from Wuthering Heights.

"Can't we just work on 'Fifty Shades of Grey'? It would be ten times more fun." Jungkook says. Taehyung's eyes widen before looks away. "I thought you knew the meaning of the word 'classic'." Taehyung says rolling his eyes. The ravenette just laughs and scoots closer to Taehyung.

He brings his hands to Taehyung's faces and squishes his cheeks. "Oh God, Tae you're so cute and so easy to irritate." This sentence makes Taehyung's cheeks turn red. He pouts, "Do you like making fun of me that much?"

"It might be one of my kinks." Jungkook says, his stomach hurts from laughing so much. Taehyung rolls his eyes again. "You're so shameless."

"Only for you." Jungkook smirks when he sees Taehyung blushing harder. The blue haired boy clears his throat and tries to get rid of his shyness by changing the topic. "Have you thought of any other classic English novel?"

"No, I thought you have already figured it out." Jungkook says. Taehyung groans. "Okay, okay. How about 'The Diary of a Young Girl'?" Jungkook suggests.

"They teach that book in high school, Kookie."

"But we can argue about the political, economic and social lives of people from that era. We know how hard it was for the survival of Jewish people back then. Since everyone has learnt about Nazism and the rise of Hitler in history, it would be easy for them to connect with us." Jungkook says. Taehyung thinks for a moment and agrees.