Forty Nine

Silence

Silence.

That's all there is in the air of the mansion as the Kims gather for dinner. The clanking sound of the cutlery is the only thing that his heard every now and then. Taehyung is absolutely confused. Since everyone in his family is mostly busy, they make sure to have dinner together and talk about their day. But today, he can feel the thick air between his father and his brother which has him absolutely confused. He is sure that his mom knows the reason too because she is not asking any questions.

Thinking that asking questions would add fuel to the fire and his father would get more angry, Taehyung decides against asking about this for now. But the former leader of Yakuza has not forgotten the incident. He makes an eye contact with his elder son, "Have you told Taehyung about the absolutely rubbish deal you've made with Jeon yet?"

Mingyu looks at his father, his face covered with embarrassment. No matter how powerful Mingyu is, he is never strong enough in front of his father. His father was a great leader and an amazing parent. It's hard to compete with him.

"What deal are you talking about, dad?" Taehyung curiously looks between the other two males. The name 'Jeon' has him really intrigued.

"Tell him, Mingyu. If you've created a problem, you better own it up." Their mother says sternly. Mingyu sighs. He looks at his brother who is sitting next to him. "I'm sorry, Tae." Mingyu says, his voice is low and he does not make an eye contact with the younger when he says that.

For some unknown reason, Taehyung's heart starts beating at a faster pace. He has a feeling that whatever it is, it's not good otherwise his parents won't be reacting like this since they are pretty chill about most things.

"I- Actually the thing is- there's someone who is after us. After the Yakuza. The person Jeon killed at your apartment, the guy who followed you and Jeon that night and also whatever happened at the Park Hyatt Hotel... I think all of it was planned. It was planned to get you--- to get us." Mingyu says. He feels really bad because he feels like an incapable leader right now.

"So what are you going to do about it?" Taehyung asks.

"I don't know. I think what happened at the Park Hyatt Hotel was to get us as I said. Beomgyu got shot and I feel so guilty. Our men trust me as their leader and I feel like I'm failing them." The leader stares at his fork while saying so.

"No, hyung. You're not. You're not failing anyone. You're a bloody good leader. Everyone has to go through challenges. Dad did too when he was the leader. I'm sure you'll find a way out of it and punish whoever is behind all this that's happening with us. I have faith in you." Taehyung smiles, his usual box-like smile and pats his brother's shoulder. This makes Mingyu feel even more guilty. His brother is an absolute angel and what he did is something the younger does not deserve.

"Th-Thanks, Tae." Mingyu looks at him with apologetic eyes, "S-So to sort this problem, I asked Jeon for help."

"Jungkook?" Taehyung is surprised. He did not expect his brother to seek help from his ex roommate. Mingyu prefers solving his problems on his own.