One

Taehyung yawns and stares ahead of himself

Taehyung yawns and stares ahead of himself. The usual chatter of the class annoys him a little. His shift ended late at night yesterday and he couldn't get much of sleep. All he wants to do is go back to his dorm and crash on his bed. But that is not possible because the day just started.

Soon the chatter dies down as the professor enters the class and everyone takes their seats. Taehyung sits straight, ready to focus on the class.

"Good morning, class. I'm Prof. Yang. I hope everyone enjoyed their summer vacation to the fullest." Prof. Yang says. Everyone greets him and says a yes to his question.

"I'll be teaching you English and let me tell you, English is a very interesting subject. You will get to read a lot and-"

"Excuse me, sir." Prof. Yang is interrupted by a male voice. Everyone turns to look at the door and spots Jeon Jungkook standing there, gasping for air. It seems as if he came back after a long run.

"Aren't you Mr. Jeon Jungkook?" The professor asks. The ravenette nods his head and looks at the professor with pleading eyes, "I know I'm late, sir but Prof. Lee stopped me to talk about a project I did last semester. I'm sorry I won't be late next time."

The professor thinks for some time and then nods his head, "I'm letting you in just because you are a good student and it's the first day."

Jungkook smiles and thanks him, stepping inside the class. He scans the room for an empty seat and spots the one ahead of Taehyung's seat vacant. He walks towards the empty seat as the professor tells everyone that this is the last time he is tolerating someone being late.

Taehyung tries not to pay attention towards the ravenette who is sitting in front of him but it is really difficult because most of the girls in class are busy drooling over him. They are trying to grab Jungkook's attention but too bad, he is busy paying attention to the lecture.

Once the class gets over, everyone stands up to leave but the professor's voice stops them. "Even though the semester has just started, I want to tell you all about the project right away so that you don't have to rush it later."

A unanimous sound of displeasure is heard in the room as everyone takes their seats again. "I want you all to choose a partner. Both of you are supposed to read two classic novels and make a presentation. You have to compare and put forward your arguments and views about the economic, political and social life of the people living in that era. Now don't think you can just Google about it and make a presentation without reading the books because you'll have to include instances from the novel that prove your research about the society in that era. I'm telling you all well in advance so I hope you don't come up with excuses later. Thank you, class. You may leave."

The professor leaves the class followed by students who are not very impressed by the idea of getting a project on their first day itself.

Taehyung sighs when he sees people crowding in front of his seat to talk to Jungkook. It annoys Taehyung. Jungkook or any other popular kid for that matter is a human, just like everyone else. Why do people have to make such a huge deal about it and treat them like Gods.