Volume 1: Hello ANHS

Start from the beginning

I walked through the entrance gate, leaving Sakayanagi behind. This school was incredible just by the first look of it. There were school buildings in front of me, a path leading to more buildings to the right and a large structure to the left. Multiple students were walking towards the school buildings, I was one of them, looking for my classroom. After looking at a nearby map, I saw that my classroom was on the second floor of one of the buildings.

Arriving inside that building, I climbed up the stairs and saw a plate on top of a door that said Class 1-D. I went inside and saw that the place was about half full, with forty chairs in the area. I went around looking at the nameplates till I found mine. It was at the second row to the back row, two seats were to my right, one to my left.

I put my bag under my desk and sat down. Looking at the entire room, friend groups were already being established. I was honestly baffled on how that was, seeing as it was just the first day. In the course of the next few minutes, I pondered on what I should do. Should I make some friends, or should I just stay the same as I was before? Either choice is fine by me, especially since no one knew me here.

Before I knew it, the room was filled to the brim, with all forty seats being occupied, and then someone else entered the room. It was a woman around her late 20s, having a stern and serious expression on her face. Seeing her, the students who were still standing immediately sat back down.

(I fixed Chabashira's age thanks to y'all in the comments)

"Ahem, good morning class, My name is Chabashira Sae, I teach Japanese History and I'm the homeroom teacher of this class. Students are not allowed to change classes yearly, for the next 3 years, those that you see around you will be your classmates, so I hope you all get along." After a short pause to confirm we understood, she continued.

"I will now be distributing the school handbook, take one and pass it to the back. Read it at your leisure"

She gave out the said items and I passed the last one to the person behind me. I flipped open the school handbook to look into the rules a bit, all in all they were standard rules with allotted punishments.

"Now that you have the handbooks, here are your student ID cards. This contains all your private points, which you can use just like normal money to purchase anything at this school. Anything on school grounds should be purchasable."

Interesting, so private points are our money in this school, I can understand because it is handled by the Japanese government. What I'm concerned about is the fact that she used the term "should be" rather than "is", therefore exceptions to what we can buy still exist. I quickly looked at my balance and was a bit surprised by the amount.

"Surprised by the amount? Your account balance has been deemed necessary just by getting into this school." The murmurs started to die down after she said that.

"Well looks like there aren't any questions, I'll conclude this homeroom early. About an hour from now there will be an entrance ceremony for you first years, do not be late."

With those parting words, she left the classroom, shutting the door behind her. My classmates immediately started shouting happily about their allowance of 100,000 points. While I wasted away, reading the handbook, a greenish blonde haired guy stood up and said something.

"Everyone, can I get your attention please? I would like for us to get to know each other since we'll be classmates for the next three years. How does that sound?"

"I'm in! I wanna get to know everyone too!"

"Same here!"

"Yeah!"

Some of my classmates chanted in agreement, some nodded, but the rest stayed quiet.

"Alright, I'll go first. My name is Hirata Yousuke. Back in junior high a lot of people called me Yousuke so please don't hesitate to use my first name. My hobby is sports in general, but I especially like soccer. I'm planning on playing soccer here too. Nice to meet you everyone!" He said.

That introduction was incredible, it sounded like he would be the center of attention in the class.

"I would like for everyone to introduce themselves one by one starting from the front, is that okay?"

They did as he said and started from the front. One by one they all introduced themselves.

"Alright, I guess it's my turn now." A brown haired girl said timidly. Some people were giving her cheers.

"My name is Kushida Kikyou, none of my friends from junior high made it to this school so I'm alone here. I'd like to get to know all of your names and faces as soon as possible so we could all be friends!"

She continued to talk for some time, around twice or three times as long as anyone else.

"My first goal is to become friends with everyone. So after we've finished our introductions I'd love for you to share your contact information with me!" She continued with a big smile on her face.

That smile, it's too...bright.

"So after school or during vacations, I want to make all sorts of memories with a lot of people. Please feel free to invite me to lots and lots of events! Anyway, I've talked for a long time, so I'll end my introduction here." She finally finished, again with a bright smile.

After a round of applause, the introductions continued. After some time, it was the turn of the guy with slightly long blonde hair, which I can't argue is a pretty stylish hairdew.

"Excuse me, but could you please introduce yourself?" Hirata humbly asked the boy in the center seat of the room.

"Hmph, fine." He spoke like an aristocrat with a high standing in the hierarchy. Shifting his legs instead of standing up, he spoke.

"My name is Kouenji Rokusuke. As the sole male heir of the Kouenji conglomerate group, I will soon be tasked with carrying Japan into the future. I sincerely look forward to making your acquaintance, ladies." He directed that last part to the girls, to which some looked a bit disgusted.

"Starting today I will mercilessly punish anyone who makes me uncomfortable. Please exercise proper precaution so that you may avoid that." Kouenji finished with a proud grin.

"Um, Kouenji-kun. What exactly do you mean when you say 'anyone who makes me uncomfortable'?" asked Hirata, he looked uneasy with what Kouenji just said.

"I meant exactly what I said. If I had to give an example , well... I would say I hate ugly things, for instance. So if I saw something ugly, I would do just as I said." He finished again, this time flipping his long flowing bangs.

Okay, half the class is left. After a few more, it was my turn. As I stood up, I made it careful not to forcefully push my chair back and then spoke.

"Hi everyone, my name's Maida Yasushi, pleased to meet you all. My hobby is playing chess and practicing archery, but that's all I've got. I hope we can get along." I finished with a slight bow.

I got a few applauding hands, Hirata and Kushida included. Good, I didn't mess it up. After the guy next to me introduced himself, who's name was Miyake Akito, I heard a partially loud clack.

"Um... My name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka... I really don't like anything in particular... uh... let's get along."

Hmm, it seems he did what I tried to avoid. Both forcefully pushing the chair and messing up the introduction. Well, Hirata turned the atmosphere back to normal by saying "nice to meet you" so I guess everything is fine, but then...

Bang!

"Tch, what are we a bunch of middle schoolers? Making introductions like this?"

"Uh, well there's really no harm with it right?" Hirata tried to elaborate.

"Whatever, I'm leaving. See ya at the ceremony, I guess."

The red head picked up his bag and left the classroom, but looks like no one wanted to leave for now.

Well, introductions were a little productive for me, I didn't mess it up as much as that Ayanokouji guy, I pray for him though. If I were to give my introduction, say six months ago, I'd be in the same boat.

After a few minutes, Hirata told everyone to head to the gymnasium for the entrance ceremony.