Chapter 39 |ho|

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
𝙝𝙤
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮𝙝𝙤╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

[a/n: unedited chapter and read the a/n below.]

"Mother... You're holding me too tight." An eighth years old child winced at the impact her mother made.

"Keep your mouth shut and just follow me." Yomiko hissed at her as she continues to drag her into the same forest where her mother throw her into a cold lake.

After attending the burial, her mother take her into the forest. Although she didn't know that they were going here instead of attending her check ups and supposedly celebration of her achievements.

Though she didn't mind it at all, it still scares her to come back here.

Shiyoko bite her lip and just endure the pain she felt on her wrist. Her eyes scans the surroundings, getting goosebumps on every familiar trees and paths that's covered in snow.

She also didn't realize that it's already winter, hell she don't even know what's the date today. Now that explains that she wasn't hallucinating that there's a pile of snow while standing besides her mother.

And luckily, her Auntie Chiyo dressed her a black dress that's made of thick and comfy fabric, paired with white stockings and a boots for shoes.

Snapping out of her reveries when Shiyoko tripped in a small branch. She let out a small squeak at the impact, surely it'll leave a small would.

"Tsk!" Her mother mutters under her breathe as she helps her lifted up to her place again but slightly violently and continues to made their journey through deep inside the forest.

Shiyoko was left shut, her mother wasn't in herself again. She thought that now Sarada was gone, she was hoping that at least her mother would get back on her original self.

Mama, what happened to you? Why did you get yourself driven by anger?

"Listen Shiyoko, I don't know why you did not dream of something weird before that concubine died. Did you find something wrong about yourself?" As they have arrived the same lake from her nightmare, Yomiko starts to ask her with odd questions.

"I...No, I didn't find any strange about myself." She almost whisperedly said.

Yomiko eyed her intently, in which Shiyoko secretly gulped and tries to stare back at her with same level.

And at the end, it was her mother who broke the staring contest first with a sigh.

For some reason, Shiyoko found herself getting some slight confidence inside her. "Mother..." Shiyoko called, almost hesitantly.

"Why are we here again?" She asked.

"You should be having prophecies. You should predict death. You should know someone who will die." Her words send permanent shivers down on her spine. Death? Sure it's not terrifying as it seems, but witnessing and expecting someone to die? Could have be nightmare.