Chapter 40 |se|

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
𝙨𝙚
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

Shiyoko opened her eyes as violent cough came out from her mouth

Shiyoko opened her eyes as violent cough came out from her mouth. It feels like years since she last felt breathing again. The child looked around her, realizing that she's now on the solid surface.

From her sight, she saw her mother from a far, busy pacing back and forth. Yomiko noticed her daughter finally in the surface, but in her shocked, Shiyoko's was white again and her whole body becomes pale as ever.

"Shiyoko!" The mother eagerly approaches her daughter but stops when the child stood by herself. A glare appeared to her face, halting the mother's step as a shivers starts to tinkling down to her spine.

Shiyoko ignored her, looking onto her hands and her now newly dyed hair.

I did it, it's now inside me.

She could feel powerful aura within her veins, and it was very disturbing. Knowing that anytime soon, she could see death prophesies. Or worst, a crowd that was begging for her to recover their love ones.

"I see that you've successfully tamed the Shi no Yume-"

"Is that what you've wanted? Using me as your bridge to cross on your own will?" She spatted, looking down on to the ground, disregarding the coldness of the weather.

"What did you say?" Yomiko becomes deadly serious.

"Are you satisfied that I became a vessel of your desires? Are you now contented that I can now clean up the mess you made?"

Yomiko came up into a realization. Her daughter knew her true intentions, the voices told her.

"I am. And now that you possessed the ability, we should now do the revival tomorrow." Shiyoko sarcastically laughed at her mother.

"You're really a cruel woman! No wonder everyone leaves you and now you have been burden by the death of your friend-"

*slap!*

"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH! YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHTS TO TALK ABOUT THAT! WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS?!" Yomiko yelled, she was filled with pure rage inside her. Her slap make Shiyoko flew for like a meter away.

Shiyoko spits a saliva with a mixed of blood, her lips have now visible bruise. The child ignore the throbbing pain her mother caused as she stand up back to her feet.

"You don't have a single right to talk about that, Shiyoko." Her mother hissed.

But Shiyoko just sarcastically chuckles, ignoring the goosebumps caused by the cold as she made her way to Yomiko.

"Then you also don't have a single right to control me, Mother." Yomiko appears to had an irked on her veins, clearly angry at Shiyoko's behavior.

"You little-!" The mother stops herself from cursing because it'll only make things worse.