Chapter 2 |speak|

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙠
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

"Good morning, Onee–san!" A cheerful voice greeted her by the time she locks her apartment door

"Oh, Chifuyu. Good morning too." She waved as the blonde undercut boy stood besides her with a warm smile.

"Can we walk together to school?" Chifuyu asked, watching the girl fix her uniform.

"Sure. But Baji wasn't with you?" The blond undercut boy shook his head before answering.

"Baji–san said he will help his mom today. Though his mom denied, saying he should focus more on studying." He said.

Shiyoko sighs. "Baji's really a mama's boy, heh." Both of them chuckles at her remarks, completely agreeing.

"Onee–san, do you have work today?"

"Yeah." Shiyoko replied as they start to walk to school.

"Aww, I was planning to hang out with you today." He pouted. Shiyoko just patted his shoulder.

"Don't worry, there's still next time. And besides, you can visit me on the library, you know?"

Chifuyu cracks up a smile as his mood lighten ups. "Okay!"

Shiyoko eyed him with warmness filled her. She suddenly put her arm around his shoulders and secretly muffled his hair.

"Visit me, okay? I reserved you a new volume of your favorite romance manga." She winks, Chifuyu look at her excitedly.

"Really?! Thank you, Onee–san! You're really the best!"

Shiyoko just laughed. Their journey to school was filled with laughters and stories.

"Do your best in school, okay?" They finally reach the intersection where they need to part their ways. Since Shiyoko and Chifuyu were not attending the same school.

Chifuyu nodded with a smile. "Will do." Shiyoko also smiled back.

Waving a farewells, they finally walk on their own. On her way to school, she happens to passed by a ginger fur stray cat, who looks hungry.

And since Shiyoko has a soft spot for cats, she approach it, trying to be friendly.

Shiyoko crotch down and stretch her hand slowly, so she can pet it. The ginger like cat sniffs her hand, after sensing that there's no danger, the cat snuggles on her palm. Making the female smile heartily.

Bringing out a cat snack from her bag. Shiyoko always have this on her bag, it was sort of stress reliever when she's feeding or petting some cats.

The cat meows happily as the snack came in from the sight. She smiles as she put it below the cat, who immediately starts to dig in.

"What are you doing?" A familiar voice made her turned to where it came from.

The same guy from last night.

The female just watch him crotch down besides her. The top knot blonde notice her stares, he turned his direction to her and gave her a eyed smile.

The same female still stared at him, "Yo." The small guy greeted with a small wave and of course, with a smile.

Shiyoko stayed in silence, looking down, she fiddled her fingers and continue to watch the cat eating. Making the top knot blonde sweatdrop, he let out a chuckles.

"Silence, eh..." He muttered. Stretching his hand to directly pet the cat. Unfortunately, the cat got alerted, it hisses and walk away.

The female jolted and try to call the cat back but it didn't listen. She let out a sad sigh and stand up to start fixing her wrinkled skirt.

Ready to leave, she was suddenly grabbed by the wrist. "Wait, are gonna keeping me unanswered?" She turned around and see him pouting.

Opening her mouth slighy to speak, but what should she say? Closing it again, letting out a quiet sigh and look down again.

It's so hard being a social awkward ass.

Shiyoko was about to removed his hands, clearly thinking that he just want to be friend with her. But she doesn't need to add friends anymore. She's already contented on having two friends, which is Chifuyu and Baji.

"Sheeshyoko, you need to start socializing on others, you know?"

"He's right, Onee-san. I never seen you hanging out with others besides us."

Looks like I've got no choice, eh.

"Mi...Miki, right?" She muttered, her honeyed calm voice echoes on his ear, looking at her with eyes wide.

"You–You actually speak! And no, Its Mikey. May–Ki. Not Miki." He enthusiastically laugh, making the girl falls silent again, with a furrowed eyebrows and sweatdrop.

His laugh died down, "I actually thought you're a mute, Hanabi–chin."

"Hanabi...chin?"

"Yeah, Hanabi–chin. You love fireworks, right? And since, I got a feeling that you won't tell me your name. I made you a nickname instead!"

She let out a 'o' but she suddenly realize something. "But doesn't it friends only can make nicknames?"

The blond chuckles. "Well aren't we friends?"

"No."

"Ouch. The straightforwardness." He dramatically put a hand on his chest, acting like he got shot.

Shiyoko eyed him weirdly.

"Not friends, huh. Then, how about we go on a date?"