Earthquake

"Do you got have a clear shot?" Romanoff asked we are on a mission well I'm in a helicopter 70 feet off the ground with a sniper in my hands while Romanoff is in her office, We are not in New York btw "Yes I have a clear shot and I'm taking it now" I said "NO a little longer I want it to be exactly at 3:30" she said and I groaned " If I don't take the shot now it will be over 3:30 and his lunch break is about to finish any second now" I say "Wait a bit longer" she instructed and the guy was ready to walk back to his office and I took the shot "Tell me you did not just make the shot" Romanoff said "He was about to leave" I challenged back "My office Now!" she order and I could tell she was angry, from I saved her life three days ago she has been extremely harsh towards me but I don't care I turned off autopilot and headed for her office when I heard screaming and looked down and saw building crashing and the earth shaking an earthquake I need to get to Romanoff right now I used my phone and ringed her back "Hey you okay?" I ask "I've been better" she responding "listen I need you to get on the very top of the building now I'm coming to get you" I say worried and hang up flying to get her after ten minutes of flying I hovered the building and didn't see Romanoff and I called her phone and didn't get her.

I have no other choice I told myself and then put the plane on autopilot and threw down a rope and then used it and jumped down, I ran straight into the building with only one person on my mind and the building started grumbling to the ground "Natasha!" I screamed looking for her and saw her laid on the ground unconscious and I ran over to her and then picked her up bridal style and ran back up the stairs, when we reached the roof I took off her belt and strapped it around the two of us and put her arms around my neck and I started climbing up the rope and I started slipping and I looked at Natasha and breathed and started climbing again when we reached inside I un strapped us and went to control and got us out of there and away from the falling buildings when we were at a safe distance I quickly checked if she was alive and she was and I then flew to New York.

As soon as I land I picked up Romanoff heading straight for her bedroom and I laid her down and called her doctor he came few minutes later and bandage her saying it wasn't major she just got a hit to the head and she should be fine she just needs rest, I thanked him and sat waiting for her and Wanda ran inside and I got up left them and headed for Kate's house.

"Who is it?" she asks as I knock "It's me" I said and she opened the door "What happened?" she ask "I'm a bit sore considering I just climbed a rope hanging from a helicopter with an unconscious Romanoff strapped to me" I said sitting down "What? how did that happen?" she asks and I laid down "We were in San Andreas and there was an earthquake and I had to save her" I said and she laid beside me and I put my head on her chest "How is she?" she asked and I sighed "She is okay she just needs rest Wanda is there with her" I said and she started playing in my hair "She's the one Natasha's dating?" she asks and I sighed "There relationship is confusing and I simply don't care enough to understand it" I said and she lifted up face to look at her "But you do care" she said and I looked down "and I hate that I do, but what was I thinking me and Romanoff dating ha I have a billion reason why that will never happen and the main reason is that I can't love" I said and Kate lifted up my face and kissed my forehead "Don't you ever say that again because you can and do love, and I know how stubborn you are so even if I name out a million reason you won't listen to me but risking your life to save Natasha is love, also being there for me is love, staying up and comforting me after a bad mission is love, holding me for hours after I had a nightmare is love, putting my life over yours is love I love you so much and you are capable of love" she said pulling my entire body on hers and I kissed her cheek and I fell asleep thinking about Kate's words knowing if she knew the truth she wouldn't think that.

"You called for me Romanoff?" I asked as I stepped into her office "Why did you leave?" she ask and I shrugged "Why would I stay?" I answered back and she looked angrier now "I told you not to make the shot" she said and I rolled my eyes "Don't you dare rolled your eyes at me" she said "Well you should be thankful I did because I reached earlier and saved your life again and I left because Wanda was here with you" I said and she walked to her desk "you have two days to get rid of him" she said giving me a file and I looked at her and took it and stormed out, Not even a thank you she is so ungrateful on my way out I saw Wanda bringing roses and strawberry cheeses cake for Romanoff "she's allergic to strawberry" I said and walked to my bike and took out my phone "Hey Katie what are you doing?" I ask sitting on the bike "I have a mission to protect a guy from assassination" she said and I put on my helmet "I have a mission but it can be done tomorrow wanna hang out and maybe I can help you be on look out" I offered "Definitely I'm already headed for your house"

1077 words