Forty Seven

Depuis le début

"But Gyu-" Before Taehyung could complete whatever he wants to say, Beomgyu is out of sight. "There's a bomb installed somewhere in the building." He completes but the younger is not there to listen to him. His heart is racing and his legs are wobbling badly. Taehyung does not even know how to walk.

"Dowoo-ssi, come on. Get up. We need to go. NOW." One of the bodyguards of Taehyung holds him by his bicep and hoists him up. "Let's go, sir." The bodyguard starts dragging the younger away.

But Taehyung is going on full panic mode. His legs are barely working on their own. Had it not been for the bodyguard dragging him, he would not be able to walk even. His heart is thumping erratically and his palms and forehead are sweaty.

Another loud scream is heard and people start rushing. It's clear to everyone that there is something very wrong that is happening right now. They know that some people have targeted some others in the same hotel and they are trying to attack them. Beomgyu getting shot in front of their eyes explains a lot.

Taehyung and his bodyguard make their way towards the emergency staircase, but the bodyguard abruptly stops. He just heard a few footsteps and on instinct, he takes out his gun. He quickly hides Taehyung behind a pillar and whispers in his ear that he needs to stay quiet and stay hidden.

The brunette quickly puts a hand on his mouth to prevent himself from sobbing. He needs to get out of the building as soon as possible but it does not seem to be happening with whatever is going on around him.

He closes his eyes and takes a few deep breaths to calm his panicking self down. All he can think about right now is his parents who must be waiting for him. He thinks about Mingyu, who was supposed to come here as said by Beomgyu but isn't here yet. Where is he even? Is he okay?

Taehyung curses himself for not cancelling or postponing the event even after his brother telling him to do so multiple times. If there was no exhibition of Kim Dowoo, he wouldn't be here along with the many people who came to attend the exhibition. Mingyu would also have to think about his own escape and not about Taehyung's as well. Had he cancelled the event, a lot of people would not be in this situation. The lives of so many people are in danger because he didn't measure everything carefully before the event.

He suddenly remembers Jungkook's text. He told him that he would see here today. He must be in this hotel as well. He wonders how Jungkook and Mingyu are. He hopes that nothing happens to the both of them. He wouldn't know how to deal with it if something goes wrong.

"Who's there?" Taehyung opens his eyes when he hears the voice of his bodyguard. He sees him having his gun pointed at someone who is most probably in front of him. He cannot see the person because he is hiding behind a pillar and if he leans to a side, he would be visible to everyone.

"Where is Taehyung?" The painter's ears perk up when he hears the soothing voice of Jungkook. He knows he should not be finding Jungkook's voice soothing but it does. He quickly moves away from the pillar and sees the ravenette who looks a little concerned.

When Jungkook looks at the other, a sigh of relief escapes his mouth. He walks closer to Taehyung and quickly wraps his hand around his wrist. "Let's go."

"Wh-What? But where?" The brunette asks. He looks at his bodyguard who has a gun pointed at the mafia boss. "Let go of his hand." The bodyguard demands. The ravenette rolls his eyes and says, "I'm not here to harm him. I want him to get out of this building as soon as possible."

"But why would I trust you?"

"Because I wouldn't dare to harm the younger brother of the leader of the Yakuza while being a part of the Orion." Jungkook says but the bodyguard does not look convinced at all and that is irritating him a lot. He wonders if he can just slap the fuck out of this man and take Taehyung away with him.