Steela turned from preparing her animal to look back at Lux. A smile appeared on her face as she gathered the courage and walked towards him. He had been checking the head of the Ruping when Steela roughly grabbed his jaw with one hand and jerked his face towards her. Pulling him in, she kissed him, one hand cupping his cheek, before pushing him away.

"Just in case," she smiled, whilst Lux's face remained shocked and delighted. The two climbed their respective Rupings, and he looked back to Ahsoka.

The latter was smirking, gave him a grin and then punched his shoulder. It was surprisingly easier than she had expected to let go, and there was even a hint of happiness for him.

With that, they flew up into the sky.

"The droid army is almost here," Steela announced, hopping off her mount from the scouting mission. "Everyone, get ready."

She, Lux and Ahsoka were perched atop a rocky spire. Meanwhile, Tandin was at the head, leading a group of ground forces and animals. Half a klick ahead, a seemingly more organised and much larger army of droids marched mechanically towards them.

"Ready!" the old general grunted, and Steela immediately said into her commlink, "Saw, begin your attack."

Four Rupings flew into the sky, screeching loudly as if they were uttering war cries. Their riders swooped down, hands clutching explosive grenades, before tossing them straight into the Separatist ranks. A large portion of the droids were blown up, and at this point the machines were in firing range.

The rebels began shooting at them, and the blaster bolts were also returned. Tandin led a group of Dalgos into the fray, the large animals trampling the remaining droids of the first squad. From above, another rebel operated a huge laser canon, whilst Steela worked at them with her sniper rifle, both dispatching more of the Separatists.

The machines continued to advance, but with every step they took one of them was destroyed.

y/n was stationed in the undergrowth that grew on both sides of the path that was being marched. He expertly dispatched droids with headshots, perched in the leafy shadows of the trees. The machines never knew what hit them.

Though, he hated to admit that he was still distracted as ever. He did notice the change in Ahsoka's behaviour towards Lux, but it still didn't stop his jealousy and the hopelessness he felt in believing that she would never have feelings for him. Every time he pressed the trigger it would be with so much force that it turned his knuckles white, and he imagined he was sniping the little shards of his heart.

Saw led the Rupings in for another round, targeting the tanks. As the animals and their riders flew past, rebels half stopped to cheer their successes. But suddenly, disc shaped flying droids zoomed into the battle. The laser bolts they fired out hit one of the animals, sending the smoking carcass and its rider falling from the sky.

Next, the HMP gunships targeted the Onderonian operating the laser canon. She, along with the weapon and part of the rock formation, was blasted to bits.

"No!" shouted Steela, seeing her comrades falling.

"Where did that come from?" Lux frowned, looking around and readying his rifle to try and take down the machines.

"There!" Ahsoka pointed as two of the gunships came into view. The two rebels began shooting at the droids, but none of the blaster bolts penetrated as there was a ray shield protecting them.

"Any ideas?" Steela grunted, as the machines flew closer and closer towards their position.

"Yeah," answered the Togruta. "Run!"