25. Life back home

Start from the beginning

"You are ridiculous.
You were supposed to not be able to stay away from each other, do secret meetings and sneaking in/out of the house.

And you don't even have his number.

Seriously, what am I gonna do with you?"

She had her hands raised in the air, going all dramatic on me.
Her presence was only adding fire to my messed up emotional state.

" How about you forget about it for a while. And i try to take his personal number from Ravneet bhabhi or Simrat?"
I tried to console and make her overbearing presence vanish for awhile.

"You better get it soon."
She warned me and turned to leave.

Her constant talks about him, taking me back to the conversation and the time i had spent with him a day before we parted our ways back.

Flashback two days earlier,

Simrat had left the venue yesterday for her honeymoon and as the resort was pre-booked until the Reception party, we stayed back before we cancelled other things.

The time we had was all and about lazing around, after the tiresome wedding preparations everybody had wanted to bask in the free time they had got before the reality of daily routines crashed upon them.

A bonfire was planned at the garden facing the front of the resort. Music, food, games, dance and literally everything was set-up, it was going to be a blast.

There weren't going to be any teams and everybody was going to be on his own.
Changing into pyjamas, i and my girlfriends were making our way to the decided place.

My Maate was waiting for us downstairs, so we don't get late and make others wait. And as always she was going to be pointing at my oh so comfortable clothes therefore I was already dressed in a loose kurta and Palazzo.

Giving us a satisfactory nod, she started to walk at the front.

And me being her ever obedient daughter was following just after her mimicking her actions, without realising it wasn't going to be only my family as the audience to our little banter this time.

I was thoroughly immersed in my character and didn't recognise my surroundings. Even the disappointed expressions of my grandmother and amused glances from rest of the family.

On the other hand, Maate easily caught the center of their attention and turned to see me and gave a stinky eye.
While patting my back with a hard hit as if she was praising me, she passed a tight smile to my direction with a promise of catching me afterwards.

After the embarrassing experience and silent threat, i greeted my future family with a sweet smile and silently reached for my seat, which was just beside Papa.

I put puppy eyes for gaining his promise of saving me from his wife's wrath later and received a reassuring nod in return i happily concentrated on the agenda of the meet i.e. Fun.

I could simply feel the sole attention of the busiest person in the world, observing my every movement, expressionlessly. Just like always.

"Okay, so everybody is properly fed now. Let us start a game of truth or dare."

Baaz suggested and the elders as usual ignored, busy in their own talks.
Clearly they were not going to join. Not that they had played truth or dare in the first place.

So we made a separate circle of our own and shifted few of the firesticks towards ourselves.