Chapter 67

"Jayant beta! Come out of your room. It's been four hours since you've locked yourself in. Please beta!"

Maadhavi said from the other side of the door. She's been trying to convince Jayant to talk to her but he's locked himself in and was not even providing her with replies. She was just talking to herself.

Upon getting no reply once again , she sighed nad sat down where she was.

"Okay. Don't reply. You want this old lady to suffer right? You want your grandmother to suffer what else? You don't care for me right? I don't know why you care for Sameera so much? That girl has become more important for you than your own old granddaughter? You-"

"I don't care for her. But she should not bear the punishment for something she has not done. She's not at fault. You are."

He gritted out venomously and Maadhavi stood up.

"Beta please eat something. It's been more than 10 hours since you've last eaten."

Jayant looked at his grandmother with cold, emotionless eyes.

"Let Sameera didi eat happily again and I'll eat t-"

"Sameera! Sameera! Sameera! What's there in Sameera? Why can't you see my pain?! Why can't you see the pain I've went through? Why is her pain so important?"

Maadhavi shouted gripping her hair.
Jayant's eyes softened. Whatever she may have done, she still was the lady who has taken care of him and she still was his grandmother. And he cannot see her like that.

"Because she has done nothing. She doesn't deserve any of it. And Shrithik, he has been punished enough dadi. He has been punished enough. T-"

"No! He has killed my love. He has killed your grandfather. I have suffered because of him and I'll make him suffer too. Even worse than that. I'll-"

Her angry voice was cut of by Jayant soft and small voice.

"Can you tell me more about Grandpa? More about what you actually are?"

Maadhavi stopped. She looked at Jayant and sat down on a chair. A sad smile graced her lips.

"I was a yakshini. I lived in forests, mountains and anywhere close to nature in remote areas. And one day I saw him. He was kind of a saint. Not fully but on the way.

I was angered that who dared to interfere in my solitude but when I saw him, I instantly fell in love with him. I followed him and took this body to be more close to him. And it was not long before he too was in love with me.

We were happy. But one day he jumped off of the building. That was because of that damned guy Shrithik. He was able to hurt your grandfather so much mentally that it was unimaginable. He was able to hurt the heart of a saint. Already he was born weak physically. And this mental torture worsened the situation.

You grandpa had a sister, 16 years younger than him. During her birth his mother died and his father was a useless fellow. His sister was like a daughter to him and for me too. Shrithik made him feel like he was useless and that he would not be able to take care of his sister.

After he died I took care of his sister. Afterall she was like a daughter to me too. I made her study, I provide her with love and care of a mother, father brother, sister and everyone. I didn't let her feel deprived of anything.