Chapter 23

Next hour was as expected: awkward as hell.
While Sameera thought that they'll be same as before when they slept together and he back hugged her. But it was nothing like that.

As soon as she saw him her heart started beating rapidly. She was afraid that he will be able to hear it. She tried to avoid his gaze, but it was a lot difficult when he was staring at her.

Shrithik was not intentionally staring at her, specifically at her lips. The only thing he could see were her lips. Now that they almost kissed, his curiosity of how her lips will feel was getting increased. Earlier, he was able to keep it at bay but not now.

They both were eating and suddenly the spoon fell from his hands causing him to break out of his trance.
He realised he was staring at her. He must really look like a creep. And who the hell stares at a person who you should be avoiding. He cursed himself inaudibly.

Picking up his spoon he kept his gaze at the food on his plate. Not even once lifting his gaze.
Sameera frowned. Just a minute before he was staring at her and now he was not even glancing at her. Is this guy bipolar or something?

She looked at the wall clock and nearly gasped. It was 7:30 and her flight was at eight fifteen. She quickly washed her plate and swung her bag on her shoulder. Picking up the phone from the table she ran towards the gates.

"Old man. I'm going!"

"Okay! Bring me some Mysore Pak."

"Can you atleast once in a while think of anything other than sweets. AND don't finish my fruit juice."

"Sorry Sweetheart. Not gonna happen."

Sameera glared at the figure who was sat on a chair, half turned around to watch her with amusement dancing in his eyes.

He pointed at the clock and said
"Look you are getting late. You don't want to get lectured by Shrishti and Maaya. Now do you?"

He asked and she looked at the clock. She dramatically gasped.

"Oh no! I'm getting in trouble."
Saying this she ran out of her house and took an auto.

After exactly 30 minutes she reached the airport. Fifteen minutes were still left for the flight so she was still on time.
Running inside she found her friends sitting on a corner chatting with each other. It was really odd that nobody called her till now.

She took a deep breath and went towards them. Raj was the first one to notice her. He was feeling really out of his comfort zone. Though Pihu was there, but Sameera was still the only person with whome he feels at total ease.

"Oh thank god you came. I really thought you forgot."
Pihu said and Sameera let out a small laugh.

"Not a chance. So......why are we sitting here?"

"Yes that, it's fifteen minutes late. So we'll depart at 8:30."

Sameera nodded and scanned faces of her friends for Jay. But couldn't find him.
She frowned.

Was he not coming? He was the only reason she agreed and he was not there. Maybe he went to washroom or somewhere. To not strain her almost non existent brain, she decided to ask about him.