Chapter 25

Sameera had accidentally slept for four hours straight. When she got up it was seven in the evening. Rubbing her eyes and slightly fixing her hair she made her way to the kitchen. There Maartha was cooking. She smiled at her and continued her work. Sameera filled a glass of water and sat down on the ground, taking Maartha by surprise.

"Why are you sitting on the ground mam? There are chairs. Please don't sit here."

"It's okay. I like sitting on the ground."
Sameera shrugged it off and started drinking her water when a loud high pitched voice yelled

"Bhaiya!! Didi!! I'm back."

It sounded like a child probably seven or eight years old. And then that child came into view. He was a boy. And he looked like the same kind of kid she despised: whiny.
Well she despised all kinds of kids in general.
But he was cute. Extremely cute.

"Uh...who are you?"
He asked rather innocently. Sameera raised her brow wondering whether this kid was actually innocent or just acting. Kids his age are way too cunning, you should never melt.

"She's my friend, Mayank."
Jay's voice came from behind him and Sameera watched how the little guy ran towards Jay.
Jay crouched down and catched the small frame of Mayank.

"Bhaiya! I missed you so much. You know Dadaji bought me a new PS5."

Jay fist bumped him.
"Congratulations!"

Then he frowned and said
"You are too young to spend your whole day playing video games. Remember if I'll ever find you playing video games more than one hour I'll dump it in a dustbin. And give your cycle to Martha's daughter."

He threatened and Mayank looked terrified. He loved his cycle more than anything else.

"I'll not do it. And I'll be a good boy and study also."
Sameera snickered causing both of them to turn around. Jay raised his brow at her and she quickly stood up. Wiping off the imaginary dirt she looked at Jay. Feeling a little embarrassed she caught his gaze.

"Is she your friend?"
Mayank asked Jay and he nodded. Not breaking eye contact with her. Sameera looked away. That guy was staring at her intensly. She could only hold eye contact when she definitely not thought of that guy other than anything but friend. And she has considered that Jay was her crush. It doesn't matter that it only lasted for one day.

"Yeah she is."
This time he looked at Mayank. He smiled and then asked slowly, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Girlfriend?"

Jay and Sameera both whipped their heads towards him and he ran out of the big kitchen.

Slowly their eyes met and this time she held his. Letting out a small breathy laugh she said

"Kids nowadays are way to intelligent for their own good."

"Yeah."

"Something something?"
Mayank's teasing voice caused both of them to look at the door. Their he was peeking his head out with a large grin on his face.

Jay playfully pointed his finger at him
"You leaving or not?"

"Leaving!"
Mayank yelled running off to somewhere.