Chapter 29

Sameera was really surprised by how well she was interacting with the Singhals. Last time when her Dadi or her Paternal grandmother came to her house she and her sister never once left their room. Leaving all the interacting for her mother and brother.

She usually kept quiet around others but don't let that fool you. From the first day of school to the last day, teachers only had one complaint that she talked a lot.

After bathing and freshening up, she and her friends made their way to the dining room. Pihu hugged almost every family member leaving everyone execpt Shrishti surprised. It's not like she is meeting them after a long time. What's the need to hug everyone?

Sameera sat beside Jay and smiled at him.

"I am really sorry. I didn't mean to hit you. Is it....your forehead hurting?"
She asked. And Jay shook his head in no.

"Anyway, if it was hurting what would you have done? Kiss it better?"
He asked teasingly.

Sameera internally laughed. He was trying to flirt with her. But maintained an unbothered expression like she didn't understand and said

"Nothing. Or probably have said something like stop whining it's not even that big of injury."

Jay laughed at this.
"You are really something else."

Suddenly everyone was silent. Sameera nudged Maaya and leaned a little towards her.

"Why is everyone so silent?"
She whisper asked and Maaya tilted her head towards the door of the dining room. Sameera followed her gaze and what she saw, almost knocked her breath out.

Pandit Shekhar Rao, awarded with many national and international awards. He was an Indian classical singer. As Sameera herself, has took 8 years of classical music guidance, knew him very well.

She subconsciously stood up. Just staring at the old man, whose face face held a big but gentle smile and wrinkles. Her eyes met with the old man and she pinched herself very hardly. Clearly not believing that she was seeing him for real.

A big smile, a very big smile graced her lips as she realised everything was true. Without wasting a minute she rushed towards him and touched his foot for blessings. And then started speaking.

"I'm a big fan of you sir. I've almost seen your every performance on YouTube and have attended many. The way you play with music is really fantastic. You are big inspiration for us new learners. If you don't mind can I get an autograph. And a selfie also!"

She finished her ranting in one breath. Totally breathless she looked hopefully at the old man. Only two thoughts running in her mind.
First that how lucky she was. And second how glad and happy Shrithik would have been if he was here. He was a big sucker for Indian Classical arts. Be it dance or music.

The old man chuckled and said ofcourse. The totally forgotten people once again came in Sameera's mind and all the blood rushed out of her mind.
She has probably done the most emabaressing thing anybody could do. But was she actually bothered by it? Definitely not. She just lowered her eyes to the ground and made her way to the table. Sitting down quietly she started eating. Ignoring almost everyone.

She has never done something like this before. Only after Shrithik came stumbling into her life, she has started forgetting things. She never once forgot a simple small detail. But now the only thing she could remember was Shrithik himself!!.