Chapter 45

The day passed normally and Sameera forgot to ask Shrithik about the bills.

Next day when she was sitting in her college cafeteria with her friends around her, she suddenly remembered about it. But, because he was not there she couldn't ask him.

Once again the day passed and when he was with her she forgot about it.

The next day when she woke up and went in the hall for breakfast she saw all the bills in his hands.

"Ah! Good thing. Old man, have you seen any bill in the last two months. Like electricity or water? Now that I see, I haven't paid the rent too and the landlord has not even asked about it. That's strange."
She started asking him but in the end she was talking to herself.

He lifted his head up and casually spoke

"Yeah. I know. I have paid everything."

She looked at him surprised.

"You.....have paid everything? Are you kidding me old man? You literally shifted with me because you didn't have any money. Remember?"
She asked him with a disbelieving look on her face.

He nodded and kept the bills down.

"I know. But do you remember that I have 10 lakhs in my bank account and I am the owner of a 15 crore bunglow?"

"10 lakhs?! How?"

"Assignments and thesis."

"Wow! That's amazing. Then why do I buy groceries. From next time you are paying. And anyways, what will you even do of that much money."
She waved him off teasingly and walked into the kitchen to cook something.

She was chopping some chillies when he also came and stood leaning on the door frame. Folding his hands and giving her a half smirk-half smile, he asked

"Want a new phone?"

She whipped her head up and stared at him for a moment. When fully registered what he said, she shook her head in no.

Pushing himself off the door, Shrithik sat on the counter.

"Why not? Your phone will literally break into pieces in some days."

"I know but you don't have to buy me one."

He smiled softly at her and then spoke
"What will I do of this much money? And where better to spend my money than my sweetheart?"

She didn't look up, her eyes on the knife. But her lips were in a smile. Without looking at him, but still with that smile, she spoke

"Then I want the new Samsung flip phone. It's of one lakh."

He didn't say anything but laughed. Laughing he went to his room.

They didn't speak at all that day. She felt a little weird but just left it.

And the next day when she woke there was this exact same phone that she wanted kept on her bed. Just beside her pillow.