Chapter 59

"Where is your friend sweetheart? Isn't she taking toooooooooo long?"
Shrithik asked Sameera, bouncing in his chair waiting for Shivani.

"How will I know old man?"

He pouted and started drinking the coffee that Sameera ordered for herself. He has already finished his.

About five minutes later Shivani came and smiled at Sameera. This time Shrithik was confused. She was looking like she didn't see him.

"He is here too right?"
Shivani asked Sameera sitting down beside Shrithik and Sameera nodded hesitantly.

"You can see him too right?"

Shivani shook her head.
"Only when your skin is touching his. Otherwise only you can see him."

Shrithik was silent and Sameera took it as a hint that he wanted her to question Shivani.

"So.......what is with him. And why can I see him? Why can you see him? And how can someone curse somebody else?"

She asked and Shivani sighed. Then leaning forward she asked

"I'll tell you, but first tell me that what is your religion? I mean what religion do you both believe in?"

"Hinduism? But why? I don't see the need for for you to ask this stupid thing."

"It will be easy for me to explain and you to believe. So let me continue-"
She said and shifted her gaze from Sameera to where she assumed Shrithik was.
"-Shrithik you were cursed by a yakshini."

"What? Are you serious?"
He asked spitting the coffee out.

"Uh huh. Yes I am. So a long time ago, billions and billions of years ago there started a war. In heaven. Between the devas and the asuras. In the scriptures also, it has been mentioned many times that the asuras wanted to capture the heaven and the devas and asuras faught. That war was one of these. All the heaven was in a havoc. Some of the apsaras and Gandharvas, and yaksh-jans came down to earth and became the fallen ones. The fallen angels. One of these yakshjans cursed him because he was the reason the person died whom that yakshini had fallen in love with."

Both of them were looking and listening to Shivani intently. They both were actually very interested in mythology.

"And you? How can you him? Why can I see him?"
Sameera asked folding her hands in front of her chest and furrowing her brows.

"Because I too am one of those. I too am a citizen of heaven. To stay in this world we took some bodies and this is one of them. And for you........because you are his other half."

"Other half? What do you mean by other half?"

"Soulmate. Other half means soulmate."
Sameera was about to argue when Shivani held her hand up, stopping her.

"It is not a joke Sameera. In Hinduism, the supereme lord, bigger than the devas have their soulmates. Lord Shiva, has Lordess Parvati. She is his ardhangini means his other half. Lord Vishnu has Lordess Lakshmi. Both the supereme lords in Hinduism have their soulmates. Then why can't you?"