Chapter 42

"I..... I'm sorry. I...I shouldn't have d-done that. I'll just cook the food."
Sameera muttered and turned in the opposite direction.

"It's nothing. Be normal. We both are young. Sometimes our minds sway. Now don't get too awkward on me."
He said smiling like she didn't just sat on his lap and was just about to make out with him.

She looked at him and nodded slowly. She will also get normal but it's not that easy to just act like nothing happened right away. Afterall she's just a normal girl not a 70-24 year old invisible guy.

She didn't say anything, still feeling the thick air around them. Shrithik brought his newspaper and started reading it quietly.

She was feeling really awkward. Like really realllly awkward. Afterall she was the one who initiated the first move. How can she even do something like that? And just three days after realising she likes him.

"Take it."
She said and handed him a plate full of tempered curd rice.

"She said and handed him a plate full of tempered curd rice

"What's this? It's not just plain curd rice."

She nodded sitting in front of him.

"Yeah. It's called Daddojanam. It's made in South Indian temples as Naivedya (offering to god). I once ate it in a temple."

She said and started eating herself.

"Yeah. It's amazing."

They ate silently, making small talks in between. Still awkward.

After eating Sameera decided it was the time to call Maaya. Going inside the room which she was using she called her. Maaya picked up at seventh ring

"Hello? Maaya?"

"Hello, sweetheart. Want to tell me something?"

"Oh god. You talked to him?"

"Of course I did. He sounded so sweet. Anyways, are you okay? Tell me if that guy did something-"

"I'm fine Maaya. Where are you right now?"

"Well, I'm at Singhal Marriage Garden. You want the exact address?"

"No. I just called you to tell that I'll come at Singhal's Mansion tomorrow."

"Yeah. Sure. Have fun. And don't forget to tell me anything, sweetheart."