Chapter 66

"Well.......I actually do."

She said and Jay's jaw dropped. Gulping he tried to say something but nothing came out. Looking at his state Sameera laughed lightly.

"Don't worry not like that. I like you as a person. And believe me if I would have not got that damn soulmate I definitely would have asked you out."

Jay sighed and pouted.
"What are you trying to do? Friendzone me? Because it sure is looking like that."

"No I'm not. I'm trying to make you feel that you are good enough. It's just that when I met you, I already liked someone. I don't want you to feel like you weren't good enough or something like that."
She said seriously and picked up the vada pav he bought.

Jay nodded and smiled.

"So....what are you here for?"

"I'm here to take my boyfriend's bike back to Mumbai."

"So you're gonna drive all the way back home?"

Like this they chatted and Jay offered that she should stay at his hotels as he had a hotel in every city in between and that also totally free.

After that he also helped her restart the bike. Fortunately there was nothing much repairing to do. Just it's battery was not charged because it was not in use and to resolve it she left it on for five minutes.

It was a day after, that she was getting ready to leave when suddenly she heard something

"sweetheart"
A pained whisper. It was a whisper. And was very low. For a moment she even thought that it was her imagination. But she became sure when she heard it again.

She went in the balcony but could find no one. Similarly she went into each room but could find no one. Finally when she went towards the basement.

Her heartbeats started accelerating as she neared the basement door. Slowly she made her way towards it. She took the handle in her hand and gulped and just as she was about to open the door the lights switched on and Jay's voice startled her.

"Hey! Are you ready? You should leave now otherwise you won't reach the city before dawn."

"Oooopf."
She shreiked and kept a hand on her heart.

"God Jay! You scared the life out of me."
She said and he grinned sheepishly.

"Sorry. Now come. You have to leave too."
He said and she nodded. Leaving the basement. That voice might be her imagination only.

Jay gave Sameera a card and told her to show it to the hotel managers so they'll provide her the room. He also hugged her tight and bid her bye.

Has she entered the basement, she might have taken him back too.

_______________________________

City, forests, hotels and a day later she was climbing up the stairs of her apartment and hugging Maaya tightly.

She thought over many things about life during her trip and she was glad to have Maaya.