part 69

*pardon me for grammatical errors*

|Lang Qing

Looking at the very familiar river,memories floaded into my mind with a nostalgic feeling. The very place I abandoned Igarashi. Maybe it wasn't best choice but I didn't have any better choice either.

I looked at the dagger in my hand. The dagger I used to stab her. The guilt I couldn't let go. I held onto this dagger every day,punishing myself for the sin I committed. I don't deserve her. Neither do I want her now. I am...not her mother anymore.

"Heard she got seriously ill this time"

I didn't look at the person who approached me. Dayun.

"Yeah",I mumbled.

She scoffed. "Are you sad?"

I looked at the river with a small smile. "Why would I? A person like me doesn't have the rights to be sad over her"

She rolled her eyes with an annoyed look. "You lie every day. Just go! Go away! You love your daughter right?!Why pretend? You are awful!"

I looked at her annoyed face. She was gritting her teeth with that familiar terrible emotion. "Why do you hate her so much?"

She looked away biting her lip. Her expressions were dark. She really hates Igarashi. I could only smile sadly. "Are you jealous?because she has everything?"

She looked at me straight into my eyes. "Yes. I hate it. She got everything. She has everything to be happy while I am rotting in this hell. Why is it so unfair? She has a family. She has a lover. She has money. I hate everything"

She is a girl who lost almost everything. Her parents abandoned her when she was little. She lost her brother who took care of her. She lost her lover. She was 17 when I found her on a street. She was dying in the cold winter without a water drop to drink.

I adopted her. I didn't know why but I did. Maybe because she reminded me of Igarashi? Maybe to run away from the guilt? I don't know. But now I had already become her guardian. I will not do the same mistake.

Igarashi is already far away and we can never be a mother and a daughter. So,I decided to only be Doyun's mother.

I threw away the dagger to the same river where I threw away my daughter.

"I will not abandon you. I'm chosing you over her"

She looked at me with her wide eyes. She was always scared. Scared that I would throw her away once Igarashi came to my life again.

I took her to my embrace. "But you need to know something. Igarashi might have everything but she once had lost everything too. She is suffering too. We all are suffering. Every single person is going through their own war of life. Life is never fair to anyone. We just,....need to keep fighting. If we fight,we win and if we don't,we die",...."So,don't hate her. Forget everything. We will live. I will live. For you. As a mother"

I could feel her heaving a sigh. Are you relieved now? I hope you are relaxed now Doyun.

Igarashi, I'm sorry. I can't chose you now. I hope you'll be free from this hell one day. You deserve better. Please be happy.

••••

Boys were sitting on the couches till Dongwook come back. They couldn't try to reach their sister. She wasn't taken to the hospital but to the hidden fortress inside the forest.

Snow white and her 7 dwarfs [BTS FF]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें