part 74

The teen Igarashi stared at the kids fishing on boats. She was curious. Is it fun? It looks boring. But why are they happy?

She got startled when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Looking back,she was met with Emperor's smile.

"Wanna try?",He pointed at the river.

But she was scared. The trauma of falling onto the river kept her far away from the river. She felt like a dark hole was swallowing up.

An aura of protection pulled her away from her fear. Looking down,she found her hand in Emperor's grasp. She looked up.

"Follow me"

Without a word she followed him. He took her to a small boat and got in Without letting her go for a moment.

Her gaze was on the river. She only saw herself falling onto the river and her unconscious mind tried to drag her to the water.

She snapped out when she felt a tight grip on her hand,not letting her fall.

"You don't have to be afraid when you are with me. It's okay to fall into the fear because I'm here to pull you back",his soothing voice reached her ear,calming her soul."Here,use these worms as baits to catch fish",he placed a fishing rod on her palm with a cup of worms.

She quickly scrunched up her nose in disgust. Hearing a hearty laugh, she looked at him only to see him laughing.

Unknown to her,he made her forget her fear. She became comfortable and completely forgot her fear while fishing.

.
.
.

Igarashi opened her eyes. Infront of her was the audience she'll be talking to.

We came a long way up until now. And You are tired now. I'm tired too. Both of us need to rest. I hope you are at peace now.

She touched her heart. I'll keep it safe. Let's rest now.

Looking ahead,she knew what to do now.

•••

The seven siblings were still in Dongwook's apartment with Yibo. Their father had already come hearing the news about Igarashi falling sick but they were forbidden to see her. For her sake,they kept themselves away from her. They didn't want her to freak out since they didn't know why she was ignoring them.

Dongwook had come back this morning telling them about the good news about her health.

"She'll be taking his place today",he mumbled without any energy in his voice. He didn't look thrilled or enthusiastic.

"Will she come to us?",Hoseok asked with so much anticipation.

Dongwook smiled sadly. "She will"

Everyone heaved a big sigh feeling refreshed after a long time. They were like dried up leaves up until now without a news from Dongwook but now,they felt relieved.

Dongwook looked at them with sorrow in his eyes. He wasn't sure about what will happen when they got to know the truth about their mother but he desperately hoped for a miracle. It is indeed like the song says,'loving you is a losing game'.

He smiled seeing them going back to their silly behavioural pattern.

Yibo had noticed his gaze. He stared at Dongwook until he looked back at him. Dongwook only smiled. A sad smile. He walked to him and patted his shoulder.