part 40

꧁꧂

Flashback

13 year old Igarashi entered her house after a long tiring day of school. She massaged her shoulders while entering the living room only to witness something she never thought she would witness. Yet,she wasn't scared for some unknown reason.

Her mother was murdering a man with a knife in the living room. Igarashi got closer with her usual poker face.

When Lang Qing sensed her presence, she looked back meeting the pair of red eyes. Lang Qing knew her daughter very well. She is truly emotionless when it comes to outsiders. She could witness something terrifying like this in a tender age like 13. Sometimes, Lang Qing wondered if she gave birth to a true monster.

Grabbing her wrist,she pulled her whispering,"We need to get out!"

Igarashi said nothing and just nodded knowing something is definitely wrong. Lang Qing ran away with Igarashi from the back door towards the woods.

Igarashi could hear loud footsteps following them. She looked back while running and saw some men in black following them.

Running deep inside,they lost the sight of those men but it wasn't a good sign either. After running so fast,they stopped near a river. It was a river connected to water fall. If you see down, you cannot find a depth. They had no where to run off now.

Lang Qing was losing her mind. She had enough running away all her life. She had been enduring so much pain just to protect the child next to her. A child who had no emotions. For her,she sold away herself. She stared at Igarashi who was looking around to find a way to escape.

Does it really worth to live? They won't stop until they die so why not die now? A rollercoster of memories flooded to her mind.

Accidentally, Igarashi met her eyes. Both red eyes stared at each other. And it instantly brought the memory of the day Igarashi was born. The first ever day everything started. The day she opened her cursed eyes. They are truly cursed. They had no place in this cruel place.

"Mother" She whispered sensing the strange stare Lang Qing was giving.

"I wish you were never born"

Again,Igarashi heard those painful words. She lowered her head feeling guilty for being born.

"You were never my happiness. Why did I sacrifice myself?" Lang Qing whispered still staring right through her soul.

Igarashi bit her bottom lip.

"Why are you so emotionless? You feel nothing right? You,....are just a mere rock. Why did it have to be like this? Why did I have to keep protecting you?"

Igarashi clenched her fists. She wanted to say. She wanted to scream. She wanted to tell her that,,,,that she too has feelings. She has emotions. She knows her feelings. It's just she doesn't know how to express. Just like now,she doesn't know how to express her heart. Maybe she was too broken since the start. They weren't in one place since she was born. So she had no friends to teach her those beautiful things. She was too focused on living since she was a child. She only knew how to love her mother. She loves her. She loves her dearly.

But she couldn't say it. She wanted to say it. Atleast now,to prove that she too has feelings. She is hurting right now. With determination, she raised her head to say but only a gasp left from her mouth.