『S4 Chapter 50 ~ Look, I Already Am』

❝ Hello lovelies!! I have two things to say before you break into this chapter <3

First: I suggest listening to the song on the top of the chapter while you read, unless that kind of stuff distracts you. I think it adds to the romance- I wrote the chapter while listening to it haha. Second: today's chapter contains... smut. The moment most of you have been waiting for! If smut makes you uncomfortable, pretty much don't read this chapter because most of it is nsfw. So. You've been warned. Anyways, have a great week lovelies! ❞

╔──────┨۞┠──────╗

Fire on Fire by Sam Smith
╚──────┨۞┠──────╝

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

YOUR POV

When I appeared in the fireplace of Spinner's End, frazzled from the implications of floo travel, I was met with a dark, worried gaze from the couch. Severus was staring at me. He looked more frightened and hollow than I'd ever seen him, but at the same time, too tired to facially express it. I supposed I could see it in the way he tensed in his seat. The way his knuckles went white as he gripped the chair arms.

I never wanted to make this man feel that way.

The only sound in the room came from the soft percussion of my feet drawing me closer to him. Sev's form went rigid again.. I could see the veins in his neck, his Adam's apple swaying as he thickly swallowed a dry throat. He was terrified.

Finally I sat myself on the floor in front of his chair, my hands finding their way to his legs. My thumb stroked over one of his knees, my gaze glued to his shoes.

"I don't know how many times I'll have to say it," I whispered, "but I will, every time you need me to."

Those words alone were enough to make the electric fear calm in his muscles.

"You know how.. when you look through glass, sometimes the light reflects in little rainbows?"

Severus' head gave a soft nod.

"And when it rains, the air smells like wet dust?"

Another nod.

"And when you touch an old book, for a moment it feels like you're in another universe."

He nodded again.

Finally I looked up, eyes meeting his. So much passed between us in that moment. It was... one of the moments. Like the ones I'd described. The moments that remind you you're actually alive. You're breathing, even though every odd is against you. My eyes filled with liquid memories.