『S2 Chapter 14 ~ Mudblood』

❝ Hello lovelies! Sorry for the mishap yesterday, at last I have a chapter ready to post! I hope you enjoy it. If you're a fan of Gilderoy Lockhart (which I'm nearly certain you're not) beware. Kind of a short chapter today! ❞

╔──────┨۞┠──────╗

Drama by AJR
╚──────┨۞┠──────╝

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

"Y/N! How nice to see you again!" Gilderoy called, waving to me.

I turned around quickly, trying to get past Severus, who was slightly behind me. "Ah ah ah, if I suffer, so do you," he droned, hauling me to the teacher's table by my linked arms. He pulled out my chair and sat me down next to Gilderoy, taking the seat on my other side.

I smacked his leg discreetly. "SEV, why did you put me next to him???"

Severus looked straight into my eyes with this deadpan expression. His face just screamed Really? You actually have to ask?

I sighed and started getting myself helpings of food. "How nice to see you again as well," I greeted Gilderoy through gritted teeth. He was exactly as observant as a brick wall, so being underhandedly rude wouldn't get through his thick skull.

"Last time we met, you left without taking the signed copy of my latest book! Must have forgotten, hmm? Things do tend to escape people's mind with me in their presence." Gilderoy did this little girly giggle that was either really forced or a sad excuse for a man's laugh. It was probably the latter.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Who's the friend?"

Both Severus and I felt a little sting hit us when he specifically said 'friend'. It seemed wrong, and weird, but it stung.

"Gilderoy Lockhart, meet Severus Snape. Sev, likewise."

Severus and Gilderoy shook hands across me, and I could just see the tension unfolding. There was a hidden layer of malice between these two. Had they met before this? Even Gilderoy was flashing Sev disagreeable looks, and that man had the quality of thinking everyone loved him.

At last the tension released a little, and Sev and I started to eat. Then the tension came right back. Stupid Gilderoy. Peace only lasted five seconds with these two.

"So, Severus, I hear you applied for the Dark Arts position this year?" Lockhart cooed. "And every year? How interesting, we should duel sometime. Maybe then I could teach you how it's done, hmm?"