『S2 Chapter 23 ~ Too Late (Part Two)』

❝ HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE. If yesterday hit your feels, today prolly will too. Kind of a short chapter today! Enjoy!!! ❞

╔──────┨۞┠──────╗

It Took Me By Surprise by Maria Mena (Just like yesterday's song, this song has been very carefully thought out for this chapter, but this time I think every verse 'rings true' to Lily's situation. I hope you enjoy!)
╚──────┨۞┠──────╝

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

LILY'S POV

It had been years since I'd even heard his name. Severus Snape, the one who taught me who I could be with a little love and nurturing. With a little care and attention to my magic. He took me in and loved me, even though I was so oblivious and closed off to his situation. His abusive father, his tired and depressed mother. The boy showed me so much and asked for nothing in return.

I should have been better. It was my responsibility, his only friend, to help him get through hard times and give him hope in the darkest times of his life. But I didn't. Even when the world was crumbling around him, he cared more for me than for himself. And I just let it happen.

I always blamed Severus for turning to the dark arts, and befriending all of those vile people. It had to have been his fault. Deep down, he was evil, and I needed to distance myself from his love and care- once it ran out, I would be the first person he would hurt, right? Such selfish thinking.

Everything that happened to Severus could have been avoided if I had just asked him if he was okay once in his life. If I had ever asked him, maybe he would have opened up and told me everything and I could have helped him or gotten someone who could. Instead, I let years pass by. Just ignoring the fact that my friend was marinating in darkness and torture and hatred. He wasn't a bad person, he was a wonderful person that really bad things happened to. I was the one that let them happen to him.