『S1 Chapter 9 ~ Drowning』

❝ Hey!! This chapter delves into the deep memories of one Severus Snape. I hope you enjoy! Sad topics but nothing too heavy. ❞

╔──────┨۞┠──────╗

Drown By Boy In Space
╚──────┨۞┠──────╝

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

"Severus, please, just drop it..." the weeping voice of a familiar friend echoed through the room.

"Lily," whispered someone else, the sound like drifting flower petals. You could hear from his voice that there were tears in his eyes. "I can't do it all at once, I need help."

I could see them now. Young Lily, young Severus. Standing on the bridge that led to Hogwarts' gates. "I can't be that for you. You know I can't. I love you, but that kind of love wouldn't be real. I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." Lily cried, trying to wipe her tears as they fell.

"I know, PLEASE don't cry," Severus moved forward to caress her cheek- but she moved back, evading his shaking hands. The horror on Sev's face was like nothing I'd ever seen before. "It doesn't have to be love, I know that, all I want is-"

"Severus. I know you'll never stop, right? Being close to you will only hurt you more."

"But I just need-"

"No. Please. Please."

"Lily, I'm finally ready to let go of this fantasy in my head. Because I know that's all it is to you. But if you walk away from me right now, I will NEVER have that closure. I just need to apologize, and come to terms with-"

Lily tightened the scarf around her neck a little, her breath billowing into the snowflake ridden sky. "We both know how that will end. And we both know that... you're in too far deep. I can't help you, Severus. The best thing I can do is stay far away and let you heal." And then, she tried to walk away.

Severus's breathing got ragged and he followed her a few steps. "Lily, PLEASE! I don't need love from you in that way! I... my amortentia doesn't smell like you! So I don't... I just.."

Lily turned around once more to look at him. "I can't believe you." With that as the last words, she finally retreated.

I remembered that night. Lily walked back into Hogwarts, sobbing. James and I both cuddled her, I made cookies, and Remus and Sirius put on silly costumes and danced around until we made her laugh again. We were there for Lily when we knew she needed us, and we never asked why. If she wanted to tell us why she came back crying she would have, but she didn't.