『S3 Chapter 46 ~ The Marauder's Map』

❝ Hey guys!!! Please keep in mind that some of the beginning dialogue and description to this chapter is copied word for word out of the Prisoner of Azkaban book- pertaining the scene between Snape and Harry. I wanted to make it accurate, of course with fanfic flair, so I did change some things- but a lot of the writing is a copy and those parts obviously belong to respective owners of Harry Potter. I'm so sorry today's chapter is so short, I had to get it out of the way! But I promise, the sooner we get this stuff over with, the sooner we get to the snazzy explanation to all of your guys' questions!! It's coming soon, I promise!! P.S... PLZ my desperate attempt at song choice today 😂😂😂 IM SO SORRY I COULDNT THINK LMAOOO ❞

╔──────┨۞┠──────╗

Hard Times by Paramore
╚──────┨۞┠──────╝

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

SNAPE'S POV

"Come with me."

I led Harry back to my office- the boy was dragging his muddy feet, looking like a sheep being drawn to the slaughter. Once I sat down in my seat, I gestured to the one opposite me, and Harry complied with the sassiest look about him.

"Mr. Malfoy has just been to see me with a strange story, Potter. He tells me that he was up by the Shrieking Shack when he ran into Weasley- apparently alone. Mr. Malfoy then saw an extraordinary apparition. Can you imagine what that might have been, Potter?" I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thoroughly enjoying this. Harry's expression mirrored that of a once-was James and it was just a little bit priceless. Y/N would get a kick out of it, too.

"No," answered Harry, trying despite himself to sound innocent and curious.

"It was your head, Potter. Floating in midair."

Harry stared at me blankly.

"Maybe he'd better go to Madam Pomfrey if he's seeing things like-"

"What would your head have been doing in Hogsmeade, Potter? Your head is not allowed in Hogsmeade. No part of your body has permission to be in Hogsmeade."

"I know that. It sounds like Malfoy's having hallucin-"

"Malfoy is not having hallucinations." I leaned forward across the desk, coming face to face with the boy to show him my utmost serious expression. "If your head was in Hogsmeade, so was the rest of you." Harry opened his mouth to protest again, but I held up my palm to stop him in his tracks. "Potter, the rules are in place to keep you safe. You and your friends. For Salazar's sake, your best friend was just attacked and you still think it's a wonderful idea to disregard precautions. I understand you're young. I understand you're resentful of losing your childhood. You feel it slipping away, don't you? Every year that you're attacked by the Dark Lord is a year you're losing innocence." I took in a deep breath. Harry was staring back at me, his god awful mask slipping away to reveal shock. I'd never talked to him like this before. "Listen, Potter," I sighed. "If you're going to sneak out to Hogsmeade, disregarding rules to keep you safe... at least try not to get caught."