『S3 Chapter 41 ~ Obliviate Pt. 1』

❝ Hey you, pssssst
Yeah you, pssssst
I missed you :3
Yes you <3
Man idk what to even write for this author's note, holy shit. It's been a minute. Enjoy the shitshow of me trying to figure out how to write again 😂💕 I love you guys so friggin much!!! Thank you for all the support and comments, we really blew up! Also, self harm warning at the very end 🥺 Be prepared, lovelies. ❞

╔──────┨۞┠──────╗

My Blood by Ellie Goulding
╚──────┨۞┠──────╝

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

SNAPE'S POV

I must confess, I didn't want to remember.

The sun's rays were filtering through the trees, white glistening in the aftermath of a long snow. It was... wet, instead of cold. The trees, although confined in their white blankets, felt alive. I could hear the symphonic sounds of frogs and chattering creatures and birds and insects.

It was a peaceful nightmare.

What had started out as a well-intended stroll through the woods alarmingly transformed itself into a slew of emotions and I didn't want to remember them. Terror seized my chest at the thought of Y/N recalling, as I was now. But that thought was quickly shooed from my mind- she couldn't remember, she didn't have the prying and anxious disposition I possessed. Her mind didn't claw itself to shreds, as mine did.

It was strange. I felt that the reopened wounds should hurt more than the first time the blow was delivered, but then I thought back to my choices and actions in that time. Indeed, it hurt me much more back then than it did now. But a reopened wound was still a bleeding ordeal.

It was only once I sat down in the moss, hugging my knees to my chest, tears streaming down my face- when I felt ataraxia, clarity, peace of the mind. I remembered why I put the memories away. Why I put Y/N's away too. Y/N was still better off not knowing, especially in a time like this. I finally believed she was happy, after so much torture this year. I couldn't imagine how much she missed Sirius, how scared she was for Buckbeak, how much she needed Remus back in her life. It was a hard thing to believe... but after Christmas, I finally realized she needed me too. She depended on me to protect her.

Telling her what happened would not help protect her.

I pulled a small notebook (I always had it on me) from my coat and transfigured a stick into a quill, along with trees sap into ink. Into those small pages I bled the ink into an explanation of everything. Reading the horrors of that night would eliminate the PTSD the actual memories gave me. It would serve as a gentler way to protect me and Y/N, I knew it.