『S1 Chapter 1 ~ Reminisce』

❝ Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night!!! Whenever you are, I hope it's good lol. Here is the first chapter of The Note Box, A Snape x Reader fic. Make sure to vote and comment feedback if you liked it! Thank you so much :). Also just a little note, this story takes place in a modern fashion. I didn't want to have to do the extra work to figure out the actually Harry Potter timeline and such, so if I mention stuff like smart phones and sweatpants and stuff that didn't exist in Harry's time, that's why! ❞

╔──────┨۞┠──────╗

Dreamy Night by LilyPichu/Comfy Beats
╚──────┨۞┠──────╝

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

❋・────━【❆】━────・❋

Getting my acceptance letter at eleven years of age was the happiest moment I could recall. My parents were so proud and supportive, overjoyed to know their daughter would grow up to be a witch just like them. Hogwarts was going to be mine to dominate! We were all so sure that I would be the brightest student there, with an aptitude surpassing any other. Such a warm memory.

    And now, it was happening a second time. Of all the jobs in the wizarding world to choose, I always knew being a teacher was my calling. More specifically, a Hogwarts teacher. Hogwarts was always my home, and though we'd been apart for so long, I longed for nothing but it's lively corridors and pungent auras of creativity and pure magic. When I sent Dumbledore my application, I thought I was kind of crazy. There was absolutely no way there would be a job opening, right? He would likely reply right away and say something like, "I'm sorry, but we're all good on teachers, but I'm sure Filch wouldn't mind a helper. Nice hearing from you!"

Yyyyyyuck. Filch. I'm an adult now, and I still don't like the guy.

But in any case, hope arrived into my awaiting hands. I was the new Magic Creatures teacher! A subject I had a passion for since I was old enough to take the class myself. It almost didn't feel real, until my bags were taken and moved into a suite. The happy stone walls were closed around me once again. Hogwarts, my endless home of safety and adventure.

I took a moment to myself to breathe it all in. It was fantastic, the smell was the same it always had been. The smell... actually, it reminded me of Lily. Whenever we hugged, I distinctly remember her hair smelled like Hogwarts. With time on my hands, I allowed myself to reminisce about my lost friend. Though her body was resting far from mine, I felt closer to her than ever.