The Wedding Singer

I am working in an events organizing type of company. I usually host – or sometimes I get hired as a wedding singer. On this particular event early next year, I am hired as their wedding singer.

I have received the full list of all the songs I will sing from the event coordinator. Thousand Years by Christina Perri, Sweet Disposition by the Temper Trap, Ikaw by Yeng Constantino, Power of Two by the Indigo Girls, and Eternal Flame by The Bangles.

Upon receiving, I smiled knowing I could sing my heart out for all of these songs because they were the ones I would like to sing on my wedding day too. Yesterday, I have met the couple.. and that’s when I saw her, she told me to add on the list The Best Day of My Life by the American Authors. 

Now I do not know how to sing my heart out, knowing that these are the songs that will break my heart..
Because these are the songs, I will sing for the woman I want to be with. Because these are the songs, I promised I will sing to her. 

Here I am, learning how to sing The Best Day of My Life. 

Honestly, I am quite not sure how to sing The Best Day of My Life without her. 

Because she’s out there, wearing a white long gown embedded with the beads that made her looked like a rare pearl. 

She’s out there having The Best Day of her Life, promising the best of her. 
Now here I am, thinking if she had the best days of her life with me and regretting I did not give her the best of mine.

A.I.C
2008
Conservatory of Music