Miranda's Journal, Entry #2

Miranda’s Journal, Entry #2

Fae & humans are sibling races same father, different mother. Humans descend from Adam and Eve. Fae descend from Adam and Lilith.

Lilith was an angel, a gardener of Eden, until she became Adam's forbidden companion... and she was banned from heaven. Adam and Lilith had many children: the Fae.

The Fae did whatever they wanted - because their souls were bound to the Earth, they would never experience heaven or hell. This bothered Adam, who confronted Lilith. What followed was the 1st divorce. Lilith took off with the kids, leaving Adam alone in the Garden.

Over time, the Fae evolved into five distinct magical bloodlines – four still thrive to this day, but one is all but extinct. 

Lovers of the air and skies took on bird and insect traits, manipulating the weather and creating violent storms according to their whims. They were the sprites, pixies, harpies, vilas, giant birds, and all winged creatures of lore such as gryphons, perytons and pegasi. They became Sylphs.

Lovers of mountain caves were solid like their dwellings, creating earthquakes and avalanches in order to protect the hidden treasures they so highly prized. They only ventured out when the sky was dark, hunting like animals in the wild. They were the golems and gargoyles of stone, the giants, the trolls, ogres, orcs, minotaurs, goblins, gremlins, animal kobolds, centaurs, hulders, grimalkin cats, and barghest dogs. They became Gnomes.

Lovers of water mimicked the creatures they swam with, controlling the turbulent seas, and could even melt into water itself. They were the selkies, the kelpies, the sirens, mysterious Mer-people of lore - tricksters who drowned unlucky sailors for fun. They became Undines.

Lovers of heat morphed into cold-blooded, scaly reptiles with fangs of poison and wings like a bat. They were known in ancient legends as gorgons, vampires, jinn, ifrits, basilisks, demons, and... dragons.

They were the lindworms, the wyverns, the hydras, the dracs, the monstrous fire-breathing beasts of the West, and the great flying serpents of the East. They were the Salamanders.