Chapter 25: School Carnival (3)

Começar do início

"To give you a head's up," He stated. "My friend, Tzuyu there. She's going to confess." I glanced back at them and slowly nodded.

I can see that. 

I saw how Tzuyu became nervous. She couldn't met Taehyung eyes. Then, I saw Taehyung mouth something which made Tzuyu's mouth dropped. She looked surprised then suddenly Taehyung glanced at our side and smiled at me.

My eyes widen when he pointed towards me. My gaze met Tzuyu and saw her lips twitched, looking annoyed.

***

We started walking towards the field. 

It's already 5:53 pm. The event will start at 6pm. The ending part of the event is a small concert. You know what they say, save the best for last.

"Jimin texted, they're already there." He stated. "I told them to give us a vacant seat." I just nodded as an answer.

"What is it?" He asked.

"What?" I asked back.

"Your mood's down," He answered. "Are you tired? Do you want something to drink? I could-"

I shake my head. "No, I just-" I look at him. "What happened earlier? Why did you point at me?" I asked.

"Oh, that," He grinned. "She confessed. " I groaned, rolling my eyes at the same time. "I know that, already. And probably all those 16 people that you refused to do the booth, too," 

"I see, you're counting-" I started walking fast. He just laughed and rushed to walked beside me again. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding" He chuckled.

I crossed my arms. "I'm serious, Tae."

"Why, you jealous?" He grinned. I stopped walking, "Yes, I'm jealous. Happy?" 

He grinned from ear to ear. "Then, that makes the two of us." We stared at each other for quite a while until he exhaled deep and spoke again, "She confessed and of course, I rejected her. I'm dating you already."

"She asked me who and that's why I pointed at you." 

I couldn't contain my smile, "Really?"

"Yes, really" He pinched my cheek. "So, stop frowning and let's go!"

***

"Why are you guys are always late?" Jennie crossed her arms, scolding us. 

"Sorry," I smiled at her while Taehyung just shrugged.

I glanced at everyone and noticed that Hoseok, Chaeyoung and Jungkook aren't here. Then I remember Hoseok was going to perform a dancing portion while Chaeyoung and Jungkook will do a duet together.

A minute or so, I saw the lights dimmed out. And the stage started lighting up, smokescreens and disco lights was everywhere and then music started playing.

The crowd cheered when the stage filled with people who started dancing. Right away, we saw Hoseok who lead the dance floor. We started shouting his name.

Love in a thousand different flavors' I wish that I could taste them all tonight
No, I ain't got no dinner plans
So you should bring all your friends
I swear that to all y'all my type

Then, my eyes widen in shock when I saw someone familiar who joined Hoseok in the spotlight. It was Lisa.

The Lalisa.

All you girls in here, if you're feeling thirsty
Come on take a sip 'cause you know what I'm servin'

I immediately look at Taehyung, mouth agape. He just chuckled.

Shimmy shimmy yay, shimmy yay, shimmy ya (drank)
Swalla-la-la (drank)
Swalla-la-la (swalla-la-la)
Swalla-la-la
Shimmy shimmy yay, shimmy yay, shimmy ya (drank)
Swalla-la-la (drank)
Swalla-la-la (swalla-la-la)
Swalla-la-la
Freaky, freaky gyal
My freaky, freaky gyal

We gave them a big round of applause then sit back down when the MC started opening a welcoming remarks.

"I didn't know Lisa could dance!" Namjoon stated.

"Me, too." Jin answered. "I was quite shocked."

Jimin chuckled. "So this is what Hoseok has been up, too. I knew he was keeping something from us."

"Yeah, that boy can't tell a lie." Namjoon stated. We all laughed.

"Let's give it up for Jungkook Jeon and Chaeyoung Park!"

Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on
You got the healing that I want
Just like they say it in the song
Until the dawn
Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on

We got this king size to ourselves

Don't have to share with no one else
Don't keep your secrets to yourself
It's karma sutra show and tell
Yeah

We keep swaying our body, enjoying the music. Their voices sounds so good together!

Woah
There's loving in your eyes
That pulls me closer
(That pulls me closer)
It's so subtle
(It's so subtle)
I'm in trouble
(I'm in trouble)
But I'd love to be in trouble with you
Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on
You got the healing that I want
Just like they say it in the song
Until the dawn
Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on
You got to give it up to me
I'm screaming mercy, mercy please
Just like they say it in the song
Until the dawn
Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on

We gave them a big round of applause as they both bowed their heads after their performance.

"That's my girl!" I heard Jimin shouted.

***

"This night will end by a very special guest! I gave to you, Ed Sheeran!"

We all glanced at each other, eyes wide open. "Daebak!" We all exclaimed in chorus.

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing makes us feel alive

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
And time's forever frozen, still

Taehyung suddenly went in my back and hugged me. I smiled at the gesture.

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home

I giggled out of nowhere. He looked down at me. "Why are you laughing suddenly?"

I look up and smiled at him. "I suddenly remembered your baby picture in my wallet. The one you saw at the club room, remember?"

He then smiled. "Oh, that"

"About that," He took out his wallet. My eyebrows knitted as I faced him. 

"I have one, too." My eyes widen in shock as he pulled out a picture of us together. It was the time when we went to the sea together, both his family and mine. 

"I guess, we both keep our love in a photograph." He stated as he stared at me with those loving eyes.

" He stated as he stared at me with those loving eyes